How Important is Foot Traffic??

SanFranciscoNative

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
Regarding foot traffic. I have a location possibility? Great corner location on an extremely busy 4-way intersection. It has huge amounts of automobile traffic (signal lights and double lanes) great signage opportunity, huge glass windows in a city with a population of about 70,000 + large tourist drive-by in summer. I am a few minutes walk from the heavy foot traffic in town, but don't think I can depend on those folks to walk to this particular intersection, (though some will see the place on the way into town). There is marginal competition in downtown. I have ample parking, though probably not enough room for a drive-through option. Not lots of foot traffic. What is your opinion? I see starbucks always locates in a shopping center or right in the heart of downtown? I have always drove to my favorite coffee house.

Thanks to you all!

NordstromCoffee

Jan 22, 2005
Visit site
It is good that you have parking. Who are your neighbors? Will they be possible clients? Overall it sounds like a decent location, but you may want to get a marketing plan together. However, you will want to get your team together and properly trained because a first impression lasts.

Bigdog

Mar 6, 2005
west Coast, Canada
Visit site
foot traffic counts

I think that you might be surprised at the amount of foot traffic...
get out there early in the am and count people going to work etc, service deliveries. Say 0630-0900. That will give you a good idea of your opening time and also what you can expect to start your day with... next coffee break times and lunch tmes. I used to shut down at 1600 (4pm) when I was located in a medical building. Just a suggestion.

8)

barefoot

Sep 21, 2004
Santa Clara, CA
Visit site
Foot traffic is CRUCIAL! Car traffic is great IF the cars STOP or slow in front of you and there is instant easy parking. Otherwise count on foot traffic. Our location has ZERO foot traffic but tons of car traffic and we suffer. We are pretty busy anyway cause we enjoy a stellar reputation and we have become an espresso destination but that is hard to do. So focus on the BEST location with the MOST foot traffic.

Then deliver the BEST espresso on the planet and win big!