How many Types of Roasting, & whats Best !

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
As a New person to the Coffee Biz, we feel this question is most
Important, and would like to have many ideas and opinions.

Hope this has not been asked, and answered too many times !

But again, your expert opinion is helpful for All, as we will try to assist
all, with anything we may be able to help with.

Awaiting your excellent reply"s

Rick H.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
A bean can be roasted to any level desired. Any bean can be used for any brew/extraction method, but some are better suited for certain applications. On the lighter end of the scale you get more acidity, more flavor notes of what that bean has to offer. The darker you go the less of these flavors you taste and things become more caramalized/smokey. On the darkest end of roasting you really taste nothing more than char and all other flavor characteristics are gone.

Roasting is a true science and I leave it to the guys that know every aspect of it. That allows me to focus on what I do best. Later!

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, with the Mexican Dark,I am getting a real nice Chocolate Taste,
that last for quite a while after drinking, But its a Dark bean, does that mean that
someone did not go overboard during Roasting ?

It does feel oily to the touch, but not overly. the smell is bold after grinding,
but, taste way changed to the taste when drank. as I do not smell the Chocolate
Taste on this bean, that comes out later.

Any body seeing this change in other beans, or Blends.

Thanks

andyberard

Mar 31, 2011
Colorado
Visit site
Many different roast levels , but the most popular are , Light (Cinnamon Roast) , Medium (Full City Roast), Dark (French Roast). Depends on your personal taste needs but the darker the bolder taste profile. Remember that the darker you roast the less the caffeine present in your cup.