How much invested?

nitsuj

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
When you opened your shop, how much do you suppose you spent on equipment? Not the building, not the furnishings. Just the equipment you use to make the drinks you sell. Just curious what responses I'll get. I'm in the midst of opening a shop, and I'm curious to see how close my figures are. Thanks for your time.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
About $15,000... this is for a 2 group machine, 3 grinders, a drip/brew system, 2 blenders, an icemaker and a few other odds and ends. BUT there are great deals to be had on new and used equipment, just have to look for them... Later!

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Equipment?

It's all over the board. I'd think ~$15-$30K depending on what you are doing.
We've upgraded some things after our startup

Six years ago:
LaMarzocco Linea 2 grp
2 door fridge
undercounter fridge
Hozhizaki ice machine
tea brewer.
3 Grinders
Computer system for POS

All new except tea brewer.
$15100 including tax and shipping costs.
plus accessories such as ceramic cups, steaming pitchers, tamper, glassware, etc.
.. but that's a separate item. We did average $2.81 per ceramic cup/saucer, including shipping, for cup/saucers that go for $11-$13 each wholesale because we took the time to look.

I recommend new for all major equipment. Good ice maker and fridge should have 5 yr compressor warranty. Don't skimp on your grinders. With everything, you get what you pay for, but if you don't need it, don't buy it.