how to make white coffee?

G

While I was at a hotel in Serbia a couple years ago I had a drink called white coffee, at least that is what the menu translated it as. It was really a light cream colour, just off white. However it was served warm with a heavier coffee flavour then if it was coffee just heavily diluted. There must also have been a good deal of sweetener added as well. Any ideas on this. I've tried to reproduce it but all I've ever come up with is heavily diluted coffee or just dark coffee with some cream.

pstam

Jan 7, 2005
China
Visit site
derosa said:
While I was at a hotel in Serbia a couple years ago I had a drink called white coffee, at least that is what the menu translated it as. It was really a light cream colour, just off white. However it was served warm with a heavier coffee flavour then if it was coffee just heavily diluted. There must also have been a good deal of sweetener added as well. Any ideas on this. I've tried to reproduce it but all I've ever come up with is heavily diluted coffee or just dark coffee with some cream.

As I know, it was an old word for 80s of last centary. At that time, when you ordered a coffee, they give you a cup of coffee, called black coffee, together with suger without milk. If you want some milk in your coffee, you have to order a white coffee, which was make of drip coffee with milk mixed together.

But now, it is not used any more, at least as I understand.