I accidentally put beans in the pre ground coffee chamber

R2m

Jan 24, 2021
Visit site
I accidentally put beans in the pre ground coffee chamber (philips ep2220) A lot of beans. Actually it was not me but I have not been told and I kept using the machine. Until I took the try out some day and found beans.. only then I asked and realized what has been done. What can be the damage to the machine?
(Please please excuse my English).
Thanks
Ran

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I accidentally put beans in the pre ground coffee chamber (philips ep2220) A lot of beans. Actually it was not me but I have not been told and I kept using the machine. Until I took the try out some day and found beans.. only then I asked and realized what has been done. What can be the damage to the machine?
(Please please excuse my English).
Thanks
Ran

Hi Ran,

Did you clean out all of the beans, and then run the coffee maker with the proper amount of pre-ground coffee? Did it work okay?

If everything seems okay, there probably was no damage to the machine.

I am sure you told the person, who put the beans in the coffee maker, to never do it again.

~ Rose

R2m

Jan 24, 2021
Visit site
Hi Ran,

Did you clean out all of the beans, and then run the coffee maker with the proper amount of pre-ground coffee? Did it work okay?

If everything seems okay, there probably was no damage to the machine.

I am sure you told the person, who put the beans in the coffee maker, to never do it again.

~ Rose

I cleaned the machine from the beans, but it was couple of days an espresso cups after...
of course I told not to that again

i just can’t tell if the coffee is good now and if there is some new noises...

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I cleaned the machine from the beans, but it was couple of days an espresso cups after...
of course I told not to that again

i just can’t tell if the coffee is good now and if there is some new noises...

Ran,

Ask someone who has spent a lot of time using the coffee machine (before this happened) to tell you if the coffee tastes good and if the machine sounds different than it did before.

You didn't notice any problems with the machine until you took the tray out and found the beans. Maybe now that you've cleaned out the beans and you are only using pre-ground coffee, things will be okay again.

It sounds like you feel bad because you used the machine before your discovered the beans in it. You didn't cause the problem. The person who put the beans in the machine made the mistake. It may be okay now that you found the beans and cleaned the machine.

~ Rose