I can't find a good generic plain old coffee anymore

thehotdoglady

Nov 21, 2005
Visit site
I've been drinking coffee for years now and have been very satisfied with simple colombian coffees but over the last few months, all the different brands I've tried from the market have been lousy. Does the bean taste different this time of year versus other seasons? Has the quality gone down that the retailers are putting on the shelves?

What's the scoop? I don't like flavored coffees but I like strong coffee. Any suggestions because I am not happy with my coffee and I want to be! HELP ME!

Rodsboots

Jan 5, 2006
New Mexico
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, but I think it's because I'm getting used to good coffee.
I'm becoming very picky about what I like.

and right now what i really like is the dancing poop lol. :) :-D :lol:

MrJerry

I've got some wonderful Colombian beans if your interested.

Check them out at killerbeans.com We call them Medellin Mad Man:

Medellin Mad Man
(100% certified organic) whole beans - dark roast - full body
These Colombian beans are the highest grade coffee available from South America. Full-bodied, very rich, very low acidity with carmel flavors throughout. Juan Valdez had nothing to do with these beans!

MrJerry

I also have a wonderful Brazilian coffee!

Brazilian Bombshell
(shade grown-organic) whole beans - dark roast - full body
From high up the mountain, these shade grown beauties are indeed the highest grade Brazilian beans available. Deep-bodied, very rich, carmel flavors with a smokey finish. Dark and oily, you’ll know when they hit their target!

Robert Deason

May 1, 2006
Visit site
There's been a big change in Colombian beans in the last 10 years. The big coffee industry people purchase coffee from all over the country and process it in big lots, mixing the good with the bad. Colombian isn't what it used to be unless you roast your own, as I do, and you can pick the lots.

I was in the Peace Corps years back. I lived in Bogota for a year and was stunned with the awsome coffee there. I haven't found a coffee to match it. Really, if you want to have some fun, and get GREAT coffee, consider roastin your own. I do every day. Check a site called Sweet Marias. They have all sorts of info.

Rob