I did it!

ksbell

Sep 19, 2004
Visit site
I finally roasted some coffee! It looks really dark (I am roasting an espresso blend made for me by Boca Java in Nashville). One thing that surprised me is the SMELL! I mean, it smelled pretty good until the last 1.5 minutes--then it smelled a little burned! My kids went nuts!

I'll try some in the morning...will 12 hours rest be enough?

I'm just excited that I finally roasted some coffee!

Kim

ksbell

Sep 19, 2004
Visit site
I waited as long as I could (15 hours!) and finally ground up some of the beans and made espresso.......I did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself! It tastes great! There wasn't a bitter aftertaste like the espresso I was buying at the grocery store (*bucks)! The color is good, the aroma is good and the taste is good. One thing I know I need now is a better grinder! Too many big pieces.

I'm so excited!

Kim

ksbell

Sep 19, 2004
Visit site
Cuisinart! It's a blade grinder. I found a "Burr" one at Target tonight, didn't buy it---not sure it's the kind I need. It was only $25, though, so I probably should've. What do I need?

scayf

Jun 4, 2005
Visit site
I usually let mine sit for about 12 hours (unless I get impatient). I'm having some of the Brazilian I did yesterday, which came out really nice and oily. Great taste!

I'll never drink store-bought again.

ourcoffeebarn

Nov 8, 2004
Wisconsin
Visit site
Welcome to the world of Home Roasting! You will love it! Do a google search for green coffee beans and you will find hundreds of websites to buy green beans from and a burr grinder too. Have fun!

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
The real fun begins when you start blending and coming up with some unique tastes. :grin: However, continue to practice your roasting techique you'll find time to learn different roasts, etc. until then roast away!