I need a machine!

LR2Bragg

Jan 15, 2007
Visit site
All,

I am located in Huntsville, Alabama and am a new bakery/coffeeshop owner. I am in the market for an espresso machine that comes with training and set up on purchase. I have searched the internet over and cannot find exactly what I am looking for. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

LR2Bragg

Jan 15, 2007
Visit site
Not yet. I have a lead on one machine. We are looking at a Schaerer Ambiente Power Steam, but really nothing has been accomplished yet.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
If your looking at that, may I suggest a Cimbali M2 Turbosteam.

http://www.cimbali.com/en/M2_TurboSteam.htm

The specifications are pretty close. The M2 can do 200 espresso's per hour vs. 120.

What a lot of people consider a draw back is the small boiler on the M2. But the smartboiler technology fills the boiler in a way that it allows for the M2 to continue producing steam with out crashing the system or a loss in performance.

The TurboSteam arm also has a sensor that can be programmed to stop your desired temp. It also has a compressor to help in producing froth for your cappuccino and a little for your latte.

It too has dual grinders that allow you to blend and make half caff espresso. They also have a sensor that will stop the grinder from breaking if it were to jam on a rock or piece of metal. Backing the grind off a few notches and a vacuum cleaner almost always does the trick. This way there is no shear pin and expensive tech call to have it repaired.

Lastly maintenance is a breeze. The machine was designed with the tech in mind. So the inside is no longer cramped. The brew group assembly can be removed in less the 5 minutes and preventive maintenance (ie. gaskets, and shower screen replacement) is usually perform in just a little over an hour.

CafeBlue

Dec 8, 2006
Toronto
Visit site
I have used a lot of different espresso machines, but do not have much experince with the Cimbali M2. I have used the Schaerer extensively and find it is one of the best super-automatic machines. It is relatively straightforward to set up (and adjust and maintain) and does not drift quickly from a decent cup to something undrinkable. You may require assistance for the initial set-up, and as with ALL machines - after sale service and on-going maintenance, repairs and parts availability are essential factors. As another indication of reliability...Dunkin Donuts has placed several thousand machines. That also segues into training and ease of use, pretty simple.
Of course, I would rather use (or be served) coffee from a nice traditional espresso machine prepared buy a skilled barista! That said, if you are not going to invest in the labor of bartista skills, then the capital investment in a superautomatic can be a reliable second choice.
Further recommendation: avoid automatic venturi style milk foamers, they generally do a sub-par job and clog easily.
ALL machines require daily cleaning regimens, and superautomatics MUST be cleaned by their recommended schedule or else the beverage quality and machine reliability both suffer (and your profits will follow suit).

se2002

Mar 15, 2007
Visit site
[quote:de74baf026=\"LR2Bragg\"]All,

I am located in Huntsville, Alabama and am a new bakery/coffeeshop owner. I am in the market for an espresso machine that comes with training and set up on purchase. I have searched the internet over and cannot find exactly what I am looking for. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks[/quote:de74baf026]

Hey, I''m from Huntsville, send me a PM or reply and I''ll come down and have a cup or two...