I need a space to roast

green beans

Jan 30, 2007
Northeast
Visit site
Hello, I recently bought a YM2 roaster am very excited to start roasting my own.

I have had the roaster for a bit and thought I had a place to roast but it fell through. Since then I have been having a very hard time finding a space to roast in. There are no small light industrial or warehouse spaces available for anywhere near my budget. I could put it in a shed but snow will be here in 6 weeks.

Any suggestions on where to look or what kinds of property I could use to roast is very appreciated. Maybe I am going about this wrong???

Thank You

lizzy

Mar 6, 2006
Visit site
I live sort of outside the city limits in a subdivision with large lots. I roast in a shed. in the summer, I roast at night. only problem is bugs drawn to the light. summer nights in the desert are delightful. In the winter the roaster heats the shed up nice. carpet, comfy chair, laptop, mug of coffee and I'm set.

we don't have any health dept. regulations about roasting coffee as of yet. Fire regulations don't apply, as I am on my own property, no neighbor complaints, and it is my refuge.

ElPugDiablo

green beans said:
Hello, I recently bought a YM2 roaster am very excited to start roasting my own.

I have had the roaster for a bit and thought I had a place to roast but it fell through. Since then I have been having a very hard time finding a space to roast in. There are no small light industrial or warehouse spaces available for anywhere near my budget. I could put it in a shed but snow will be here in 6 weeks.

Any suggestions on where to look or what kinds of property I could use to roast is very appreciated. Maybe I am going about this wrong???

Thank You
Have you search loop net? An acquaintant in New Haven has ran into all sort of zoning issues.

www.loopnet.com