I need a workhorse

Blue Monkey Too

Feb 11, 2005
Visit site
I need to know which espresso machine can best handle high volume without breaking down or falling apart. Looking for information/opinions/personal stories about high quality two or three group espresso machines. Thanks.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
I've found La San Marcco to be pretty work horse in nature. Especially if they still make the 85 model. With so many machines on the market today it really comes down to dependability. And how operator friendly is the machine to the average joe. The Bravo machines are simple to operate and simple to work on. The San Marcco is a little spendier than the Bravo and somewhat simple to operate and work on. Just my 2 cents. Others may have a different opinion. :wink:

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Cimbali is another workhorse. Maintenance is pretty easy and the operator can perform some of it. I have seen many machines that are older then 5 years and still performing like new. There are a few that are getting ready to go pass the 10 year mark.

There have been some enhancements over the years and it is now possible to get it in a tall cup version and you can now order the machine with a Turbo Steam.

Turbo Steam has a built in temperature probe that will shut down the steam arm when it has reached 160 degrees. It also has a feature, which will introduce air to help make consistent capps. It will also allow the operator to start new drinks or continue working on a preexisting order without worrying about the steaming or frothing.