I need best coffee with robusta and arabica

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Well you have the extremes of what most people prefer - Ethiopians are considered the best , Robusta is typically considered low quality. I honestly would roast the Ethiopian on its own...if you have to add the Robusta no more than 10-15%

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Don't some add robusta for extra crema? I think I read that somewhere but can't find it now.

Yes. And that was common practice in 'second wave' shops. I think most have moved on from that theory. However Robusta coffee has started to drastically improve as well. And of course, everyone has their own opinions, tasted buds. I personally prefer to use a bit of Sumatra in my espresso blends vs. Robusta. You can achieve similar body/crema enhancements using this vs. Robusta.

rainboy75

Sep 7, 2019
iran
Visit site
Well you have the extremes of what most people prefer - Ethiopians are considered the best , Robusta is typically considered low quality. I honestly would roast the Ethiopian on its own...if you have to add the Robusta no more than 10-15%
just arabica? of 15 % rebosta extra

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
I think blending is best left up to the exports. However I did stumble on one when I was down to the last beans of what I had just to make a cup. It was 2/3 from Brazil and 1/3 Guatemalan. Maybe the two are similar and that's why it worked.

709espresso

I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but I'm assuming you're using an espresso machine to extract your coffee? The biggest shock I had with regard to crema was when I switched to a bottomless portafilter in my espresso machine. I'd say in dark roasts, I get about three times as much crema with a bottomless portafilter, compared to a double spouted one. My favourite beans are mostly Brazilian dark roasts and I get tons of crema, but I've had very decent crema from lighter roasts of various (but always single) origin.

Last edited: