I stopped drinking coffee...

Tomasm

Apr 14, 2018
Visit site
How healthy is coffee in your opinion?

Hey guys,

How healthy is to drink coffee in your opinion guys :)?

Last edited:

katie

May 21, 2018
Toronto
Visit site
I think 1-2 cups a day it is not a big deal. Too much coffee can cause problems, especially in the digestive tract. Studies have shown that drinking up to four 8-ounce cups of coffee per day is safe.

Mr.GreenBean

Mar 5, 2018
CT
Visit site
Depends on the person. I used to work in pharma sales. Nothing is consistent in any aspect of humanity. That's why people suspect Doctors of being pervasive when giving a diagnosis. If you said to a friend, "I have a headache. Will 2 Tylenol make it go away?" They would probably tell you yes. Walk up to a Doctor and ask that, they would tell you they are not sure because there are 500 different reasons your brain hurts.

USA Today wrote an article 2 months ago saying asparagus gives you cancer. A glass of wine every day has health benefits, and a bottle every day does not.

Now if you asked us if cheese is healthy, I would confidently tell you that it is not. So I run 25-30 miles a week so that I can continue to put cheese on pretty much everything.;)

Misshha

Mar 16, 2019
Visit site
I agree that it depends on dosage. For me one cup is more than enough. On weekend I even try to avoid coffee to detox from caffeine, because I don't need to get up early and hurry.

georgewhittington

Apr 1, 2019
Visit site
Coffee is not unhealthy in small quantities much like anything else, to much is not good for you. It can lower your risks of colon cancer, Parkinson's, diabetes it can lift your mood, treat headaches It can wake you up rev the metabolism and even keep you regular. All but the keeping you regular part is directly related to the caffeine content. (apx 85mg or one cup drip brewed) The rest is from the enzymes.

jasonbloom

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site
Not only can your daily cup of joe help you feel more energized, burn fat and improve physical performance, it may also lower your risk of several conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, cancer, and Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease. In fact, coffee may even boost longevity.

upnorth

Sep 15, 2020
Visit site
There is a lot of contradictory studies out there. Some will tell you that coffee is good for health and others quite the contrary. It depends on who is financing...The ultimate litmus test is one's body reaction to coffee.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
The only correct answer is "it depends". It depends on lots of things. Does the person drinking have high blood pressure and high cholestrol? If so, less coffee is better. And preferably NOT french press which contains more of the blood pressure and cholesterol raising stuff. Some people seem to be able to drink tons of coffee all day long with no ill effects. There is no one single answer to such a question.

Antony44

Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
3 months ago I cut down on my coffee intake per day because I read that it is harmful, but did not notice any changes in my health. Only that it's harder for me to wake up in the morning)

noura

Feb 16, 2021
Visit site
Personally I try to never drink anymore coffee after noon time. I could probably get away with a small cup in the afternoon but it's just not worth it. I hate it when I over do it and end up completely awake in bed. I've read some articles that say even people who can still sleep after drinking coffee late in the day are still messing with their sleep cycle. Apparently REM sleep gets delayed. So the overall quality of sleep is worse.

Last edited:

BenA

Feb 9, 2021
Germany
Visit site
Everything is individual. Just know your limits and adjust. Feel like your body is not in the mood today at all? Skip it today. Simple as that, listen to your body.