I would like to review your coffees

CoffeeDetective

Jul 10, 2006
Montreal
Visit site
If you are a grower or roaster and would like to see your coffee reviewed on my Coffee Detective reviews page, my brewer is ready and waiting.

Here's the page where you'll find a list of the reviews I have written so far.
http://www.coffeedetective.com/coffee-reviews.html

OK...now for the caveats.

First, I don't get a ton of readers going to that page yet...about 500 a month. I'm working on getting more people to read that page. (The site as a whole gets about 60,000 page views a month.) So you'll probably get as much benefit from the link to your site as you will from increased sales.

Next, I'm not a professional coffee guy. I'm definitely not a professional cupper. I wouldn't recognize a "raspberry undertone" if it stood up and slapped me in the face.

But I am someone who can explain coffee stuff to regular coffee drinkers in plain English. That's what the site is all about.

And as you'll see from the introduction to my reviews page, my aim is to write plain-English reviews of coffees in language that anyone can understand.

If you're not put off yet, and have a great coffee you would like to send me, just message me and we'll get the ball rolling.

Best wishes,

Nick

catsasscoffee

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Send me your mailing address and I'll send you a bag. We are offering a new brand of gourmet Kopi Luwak, and we are looking for some reviewers.

Personal E-mail address was removed by forum moderator...
If you are interested, please contact him through the Private Message Feature within this forum.

cfpcoffee

Jul 26, 2011
Florida
Visit site
I'll check. 50 lbs of Elida Estate Geisha from Panama is hitting the docks tomorrow. Only 50 #s in the US. Kinda pricey so I'm not sure if she'll be interested.

PeterCoffee

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
It never ceases to amaze me when baristas and folks like yourself "review" coffees.
If you have no basic coffee knowledge no cupping training or experience how can you even begin to pass yourself off as some expert?
The men and women who keep the blends tasting the same while using different beans have cultivatied their skills through training and study.
Not by standing behind an espresso machine and acting petulent.
get to some one who cups prefessionally, travel to NYC and go to the exchange and ask one of the cuppers there for help. They would be happy to
get you started. It takes cupping cupping cupping to develope your palate and you must cup with someone who knows. Not some self appointed
Guru who has learned all the lingo.
I applaud your efforts but walk before you run.
Good cuppers aren't made over night
just like barista's from seattle aren't the last word in coffee
In fact it's my opinion the coffee took off in seattle because
they lacked any ethnicity or culture and coffee gave them something to live for
after Kurt Colbane died.
And one other thing
if I hear notes of citrus and chocolate leather once more I'm going to throw up!
Thank you I feel better now.

CoffeeJive

Jul 6, 2011
The Coffee Bar
Visit site
Hmm, while I feel PeterCoffee might share an opinion with other 'refined' tasters, I think everyone has their own unique perspective to add to it all. I, myself, have been working on some stuff that I want to bring to the coffee community. While I hope no one ever really takes an "authority" to coffee flavors, I think having an idea or expression on certain beans or experiences can add to the overall development of the coffee world. I think for far too long, things have been under an authorial control, and that is not conducive to opening up the wonders of coffee to everyone.

ToyDogCoffee

Aug 24, 2011
Honolulu, HI
Visit site
I don't think this is any different then a review from the Wine Spectator versus a local wine site. Each has their place. My palate was never refined enough to really distinguish between a 93 and a 95 but I can tell you I could tell general characteristics of the wines I was drinking. Coffee is no different in this regard. You are right in that a particular blend takes a trained taste and tongue to produce but single varietal beans all take on the characteristics of the Terroir and its great there are those that cater to those of us with less refined taste buds.