Ice Mocha Coffee

CoffeeGod

May 23, 2004
USA
Visit site
Hi Folks,

My son has been bugging me to make an Ice Mocha, but I'm not sure how? Can any of you coffee heads help me? (BTW, I have a commerical Expresso Machine at home, ...just need help with the drink.)

:lol:

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hey CoffeeGod:

Here's how we make our iced mocha, and there's no big secret to it. Just be consistent and it will taste great everytime. Take a full glass of ice add milk and set it to the side. Next get a seperate cup (small plastic tumbler or something like that) add your Hershey's chocolate or whatever kind of chocolate you like in the small cup. Make your shot(s) of espresso and blend it with the Hershey's until smooth. Once completed add to the cup with the iced milk stir well and there you have it...ummm iced mocha...Homer Simpson would be proud to follow you home 8)

G

Secret: Heresy’s is for ice cream.
If you really believe that all the stands/shops are wannabe ice cream shops go ahead. If not drive all the way to Skagit Valley WA to my shop and see what a difference a little chef inspired creation can be; NW JAVA Mocha. Just like why use just oregano in spaghetti sauce. Why use just a palin old choco suase
ANyway if you want to be like everyone else go ahead, that's why I do things different.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
NW Java:

There is nothing wrong with being original, and that's fine if you own one location. However, when working with multiple locations or multiple customers, you have to provide a recipe that the masses can use and be cost effective. Besides if I'm not mistaken Coffee God asked for a simple way to make an iced mocha. And as I said in my post its not a big secret as you want to make it out to be. I don't know what your customer base is, but we just happen to have a healthy one. Keep in mind when it comes to training customers both locally and nationally they would like to learn the basics and they can adjust from there. It is not up to me to blow my own horn and tell them how great my secret formulas are. I hope you get my point :twisted:

G

Coffee guy: You are so right. And well I guerss that's why I have a standard rolledex of recipies,and training program. Your way is the easiest and you are right about adding the choco to the espresso. Anyway thanks for the dialog it makes for this forum to be better...

G

the org post didn't mention " simple" and still your way is the simplest and easiest.

janie1963

Mar 8, 2004
Visit site
NW Java,

I just took a look at your website and am so intrigued! I just opened 2 weeks ago and have been with a certain roaster (I don't need to mention the name ...they lie) and have been totally let down by them. I would love to try your coffee....the unmentioned roaster can't even get coffee to me(well, they didn't have a problem sending samples, but when it came down to business, thats another story). They have "shipped" coffee to me twice and neither shipment has shown up. What if I had been busier and needed that coffee for a big weekend?! So, how do you ship? UPS is out for us, because they deliver so late in the evening here that we are closed. I am in Grays Harbor County by the way

Please email me [email protected]

Thanks,
Lee Anne-owner: Java Central

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hey janie1963:

Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having. I'd like to offer my assistance as well. Give me a buzz, I'd like to be considered as well. Also like to invite you to our facilities in Shoreline and sample some coffees as well. Hey NW Java, you're an alum of Western :p My son is about to attend there in a few weeks :grin:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
you don't steam your milk? I understand that it is an iced drink but when you steam the milk it gets sweet....I have done it both ways...just curious