Iced coffee drink Ideas

cartoons10

Jul 31, 2007
Visit site
I love doing Ice coffee drinks in my blender and i'm wondering if there is any ideas out there for a nice home made iced coffee drink?
I love soy milk in my coffee drinks

Davec

Oct 18, 2006
Old England (UK)
Visit site
Bit of a misnomer, since there's no steamed milk. On second thought, who says the 'latte' in espresso latte has to be steamed?
Anyway, one of the benefits of escaping the UK over the summer, is that you get a real summer. And this summer was one to escape, as many of you are aware. What with 30 and 32 degrees today and forecast for the rest of the week, I got to reading the iced-espresso drink threads going on our american bretheren forums, and decided, what the hell. Had no chocolate sauce to speak of, so I dribbled some honey into the bottom of a wide glass beaker, something that you wouldn't do too badly pouring scotch into. Pour a double espresso onto that, so as to melt the honey. This is the first time I've pulled a shot into an unheated cup. Wince a little looking at how good the pour looked and wonder if youre wasting such a great looking shot. Add 3 or four large ice cubes. Top up with whole milk, and stir carefully.
Delicious. Strong (not too much milk). Cold. Lovely.
Especially when its 30 degrees outside and clear skies.
(Sorry UK/netherlands guys ;-) )

The above was posted on my forum recently and it looks a winner to me.

billagirly

Mar 29, 2005
DFW, Texas
Visit site
I'd say your best bet would be to look up some different methods of cold-brewing espresso.
If you want a frappe, and don't want to buy a commercial product, you may want to try one of the flavored instant coffees that come in a little tin from the grocery store (the ones I always see are made by General Foods).
A good starting ratio (which you can play with if you want your drink to be more or less icy) is to fill the cup you plan to pour your drink in, with ice. Put the ice in the blender. Then fill the same cup halfway up with milk, put the espresso in with the milk, and pour that in. Add about 1 tablespoon of the instant coffee powder, and blend.

kristinleigh

Jan 14, 2008
Commerce
Visit site
frozen drinks

Iced drinks with espresso are great but when making a frozen drink, I prefer Cowhill Express''s Frozen Cappuccino Syrup. It tastes amazing...I work at our shop in Commerce and am addicted to it! It''s def. our best seller. The syrup has the coffee in it and all you do is add milk and ice. It''s great for party''s and also comes in a white chocolate flavor that kids love. here''s the website in case you want to check it out...

www.cowhillexpress.com

If you have never tried it, I promise you will absolutely love it!

rejoyjoy

Jan 22, 2008
Texas
Visit site
iced coffee drinks

I have a favorite for the blender. First I take Flavored coffeemate powder, lets start with caramel fo example: take 16 oz. caramel vanilla coffeemate powder and mix equal parts folgers or Hills Brothers caramel cappuccino mix. Both are found on grocer''s shelves. That will give you 32 oz. product mix. Now to make drink.....In blender pour 2/3 cup of coffee.(I use strong coffee and keep it in the fridge) then add 4 tablespoons mix, then add 15 oz. ice and blend. Pour into glass, top with whipped cream, and drizzle with caramel sauce. Yummy! Use the same recipe for chocolate or vanilla. Then experiment with flavor shots and espresso. Invent your own. Have fun.

burtonridr

Mar 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Visit site
I usually make like 10 cups of coffee in my pot at home. I usually drink a cup or two a day from that pot, my girlfriend drinks a cup or two, so that leaves us with 6 cups left over. Instead of pouring it out, we pour it into a mason jar and put it in the refrigerator to use later for cold coffee drinks.

Our recipe is simple, put ice in a glass, fill 3/4 full with cold coffee, then add your favorite flavored creamer to taste. Its delicious and saves money because your getting more from each pot if you usually just throw away the old coffee.

mncoffeenut

Feb 9, 2008
Northern Minnesota
Visit site
I love an iced almond roca mocha. I add about 1 ounce of chocolate sauce to the bottom of a 16 oz cup, 1/2 ounce each of butterscotch and almond syrup, 2 shots of chilled espresso made earlier in the day, mix, add ice and skim milk, stir and enjoy. Very yummy in those hot summer months or anytime!