iced coffee...syrup or powder flavoring?

gailsloop

Aug 3, 2005
florida
Visit site
It seems that most of the coffee shops use the syrup flavoring, but my favorite place uses a powder. It has a better taste. Does anyone know where you can get this powder flavoring?

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
gailsloop said:
It seems that most of the coffee shops use the syrup flavoring, but my favorite place uses a powder. It has a better taste. Does anyone know where you can get this powder flavoring?

by iced I suppose you mean "on the rocks" type of drink? We use syrup as well...Davenci's (sp) which are among the cheapest but they seem to be likable by our customers....I would use Gharidelli syrups if the quality was an issue for my customers but it doesn't seem to be.

We use powder for our hot drinks, but I'd never get that powder stirred into a cold one unless I blended it.

Also does your favorite use a hot shot, blend with the powder then chill on ice or?

And finally we use powder products for all our "frap" like drinks....

rethink101

Dec 5, 2004
Visit site
A Simple Iced Coffee Recipe

I searched through several websites looking for a simple way to make iced coffee but everyone had fancy recipes that requires a lot of work. Here is a simple one I found:

Iced Coffee over Ice Cubes
1. Brew extra strength coffee using 1 tablespoon to 4 oz. of water
2. Pour over ice cubes
3. Add sugar or cream if desired

The trick is that you cannot use leftover coffee from the morning. You need to brew it and pour over ice. Here is the link to the website that has a more detail.
http://www.volcanicacoffee.com/coffee-articles/iced-coffee-recipe.htm