Ideas for creating a Coffee Shop Happy Hour

Junipersue

Jul 6, 2004
New London, WI
Visit site
I currently own a coffee and gift shop and would like to increase my customer base by incorporating a Happy Hour during my slow times, which primarily is Monday thru Wednesday from 1:00PM through 4:00PM. Anyone have any suggestions?

Junipersue

Jul 6, 2004
New London, WI
Visit site
Thanks Coffee Guy for your suggestions-I do a weekly drawing for a free beverage of choice and I also distribute coffee club cards-buy 10 get the 11th free.

I did have a suggestion from one of my customers to have a Mocha Madness-for this little town loves their mochas. Just a little concerned on the cost effectiveness. I have also tried staying open later at least until 9:00PM-but this town just dies at 6:00PM. The hardest hurdle I am having is there is another coffee shop that is located several blocks away and has been in business for 8 years versus me whom has only been open for 3 months. Any other suggestions?

Ciao!
Jennifer

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hi Junipersue:

It would cost less to have mocha madness day than it does to extend your hours of operation. In fact if you don't already have a daily special then you may start one. Customers like to have a variety of reasons to visit you. Coffee is just the beginning. You should embrace the idea of having that existing business there doing well. This will give you the incentive to raise your bar to accomplish something better, or at least give them a run for their money :lol:

Rowley

Mar 7, 2003
California
Visit site
Coffee guy's post about thinking outside of the box was a good one.

You shouldn't fear competition, just offer your customers something the competition doesn't. Your cafe will become unique and known in town.