ideas please!!

G

Hello everyone, i was wondering if anyone of you had excellent recipes of hot coffe drinks . I have a coffee shop and Im trying to change the options i have in the menu and i already ran out of ideas!!! help please!

Lucy :grin:

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hi luciana:

Try asking your coffee roaster if they may have a few ideas. Or ask your customers what they would like to have. This is a basic understanding you as an owner should have considered prior to opening your shop. Most menus are pretty basic and the variations don't really change much unless you want to develop signature drinks. But start with your roaster, syrup supplier, or just experiment. This will be the key to your future success...Creativity. 8)

lse

Aug 6, 2004
Visit site
Excuse me, "Machine"

I have just joined this forum and have already learned so much.
I am opening a coffee shop Aug. 05, have acquired the bldg., and now am acquiring the knowledge.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hey Ise:

Let's see today is August 19th, and you are opening on August 5th? It that next year? :oops: Anyway, I would advise you to get training before starting. Additionally, you need consulting and training on how to run your business. Just learning how to make coffee is not enough especially if you wish to be successful. Have you selected a coffee supplier yet? If not, then we're available, and we provide the full kit and kabudle...send me a pm and let's see if there is something we can do for you. :D

Knives

Aug 25, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
Health Coffee:
Just make regular coffee, but say it's got all kinds of "herbal additives".

Relaxation Coffee:
Coffee with Nyquil in it

Heavenly Coffee:
You'd have to be a heretic not to try it!

Mancubus

Aug 25, 2004
nj
Visit site
ideas 4 u

i usually go around the kitchen and mix whatever looks good with a nice pot of brew. try putting soda or bubblegum in your coffee. those are my faves. :)

Use recipes that use local ingredients. For example, in New England, try an espresso based drink with milk and maple syrup. Works hot or iced.

In Florida, try something with citrus in it.

In mining or jazz places, try your imagination to come up with a "Coal Trane" drink. Heavy, dark, smooth and cool.

In Australia, use a lot of milk and a bitterly dark roasted coffee to make a Great White.

If you're near a medical clinic in Australia, make a drink in honor of coffee drinkers about to get a colonoscopy, you could create a Barrium Reef. It's a little chalky, so you'd want a strong flavored roast to go with it.

In Texas, try something with beef and oil in it (kidding). They also famous for pollution. Use that in the name of a drink. In honor of big Texas hair and pollution, use hairspray and whole milk for an ozone whole.

In honor of both presidential candidtes, mix up an espresso based drink with some Bols Blue Curacao and make yourself a Blue Blood. Maybe mix the blue in the milk before you steam it.

For X-files fans, make a black oil alien iced coffee. Use a toddy brewer for the right viscosity.

Seriuosly, have some fun with the names and drinks. Pull things in that are local, clever, witty, biting, ironic, inspiring.

G

coffee

Is there anyway that i can get a manual as well., I am currently trying to start my own coffee shop thanks bunches.

[email protected] :grin: