If I drink one cup of coffee I get coffee withdrawal symptoms the next two days

Coffeefooksme

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
I started drinking coffe when I was around 18 years old. I drank about 0-1 cups of black coffe per day. Some cheap brand. I could drink coffe straight every day for one week and then just "forget" about coffee for a week without any symptoms whatsoever. Over the years I started to drink more and more coffee. When I was around 21 I drank 2-3 cups per day. When I was 22 I started to notice that as soon as I didn't drink a cup of coffee for 6 hours I started to get withdrawal symptoms in terms of a slight headache and drowsiness.

I couldn't drink one cup of coffee every 6:th hour because first of all I don't like being addicted to any substance. And secondly, it was harder to fall asleep if I drank coffee in the evening. So I just quit, cold turkey. And my god that was the worst two weeks of my life. Headache from hell and I was annoyed at everything. Cloudy head and just felt miserable. But after around 2 weeks I was cured from my coffee addiction. I want to drink coffee on rare occasions, for example if I have a bad night's sleep and don't want to feel like a zombie the whole day, then I would like to be able to take just one cup of coffee which would save the day.

I'm now 23 years old and a few days ago I only slept 4 hours during the night and I felt the tiredness so I wanted to save the day by taking a cup of coffee. So I did. And the day was saved, I felt much better. Much more alert. The next day I woke up with a headache, a coffee headache. I knew it was because of the cup of coffee I had the day before. However I drank a cup of tea and soon the coffee headache was gone and I felt much better. I realized the tea I drank contained caffeine... The day after this I had a slight coffee headache and felt the normal coffee withdrawal symptoms.

Does this mean that over the years I have became sensitive to caffeine? I don't get super speedy and full of energy like some of my friends do when they drink coffee. They get a real kick from it. I have to drink 5-6 cups of coffee in order to get that kick and the shakiness in your hands. So by that I don't think I'm sensitive to caffeine. But then why do I get such bad withdrawal symptoms after occassionally drinking one cup of coffee?
frown.png