If you are interested in diverse coffee cultures, this might be for you....

great8coffee

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi fellow Coffee Enthusiasts,

We are Farmers Blend Coffee, a small artisan roaster based in Vietnam with a big mission. We like to introduce the fascinating Vietnamese Coffee Culture to the world. To reach our goal (or at least get one step closer to it) we setup a Kickstarter Campaign to promote our vision.

Vietnam is currently the worlds 2nd largest coffee producer, but unfortunately with a not all too good reputation as you might know. This being said, there is a movement going on to increase the reputation of Vietnamese Coffee, local farmers, small roasters all participating to make it happen. Farmers Blend stands for "proudly made in Vietnam" as we believe Specialty Coffee is more than the best quality beans available. It's also about diversity and adventure, exploring new cultures and new brewing styles.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...nating-world-of-vietnamese-co?ref=creator_nav

If you like to support our mission, please have a look at our kickstarter, make a pledge, share the love for coffee, comment or like. We'd appreciate all the love we can get. In this sense,

happy roasting, happy brewing, happy exploring

Team Farmers Blend

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Hi Dietmar (I also believe that you are my facebook friend since many month ago, right?!)

I really enjoyed watching youtube video in your kickstarter link. Well done and fun to watch.

Even though I am in the business of selling micro/namo lots from Guatemala, I certainly enjoy drinking Vietnamese coffee.... well... not in Guatemala (I do not think there is one single vietnamese person in Guatemala... probably there are, not has not see one yet), but since I live only 10 miles from Vietnam Town in Los Angeles, there are millions of great vietnam restaurants and coffee shops.

also about your kickstarter, it seems like you have only collected 1.5% of your total goal of 14K euro and only 18 days left to go.
I really wish you a luck on this. It seems like you are doing something good for the farmers and for your family in Vietnam.

I know that there are some people in this forum (at least I can think of one person who will never ever even touch Vietnam coffee) who are very much against your type coffee, but for me, i am very open for every kind of coffee. Also if you can remember, I bought your coffee from Amazon about six month ago and tried it out. and then, we started communicating to each other, do you remember? At that time, I was very impressed with your communication skill and honesty on what you do and what you sell.

Anyway, In my opinion, your coffee is way better than "bullet-proof coffee". I say, if they can market bullet proof, you can do better!

Hopefully I can meet you somewhere around the world and discuss about our business.
I will be in Hong Kong middle of April, so if you are around, I will surely buy you a great Vietnam coffee in Kowloon. I know a great place.

Again, Best of luck to you, Dietmar.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
hi Dietmar again.
In your kickstarter link, you have mentioned that you use Robusta and Arabica mix for one brand.
can you tell me what type of Arabica you use for this blend?
as I know, there are couple of Arabicas mostly grown, Excelsa & Catimor.
is there any other better varietals available in Vietnam?

great8coffee

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
hi Dietmar again.
In your kickstarter link, you have mentioned that you use Robusta and Arabica mix for one brand.
can you tell me what type of Arabica you use for this blend?
as I know, there are couple of Arabicas mostly grown, Excelsa & Catimor.
is there any other better varietals available in Vietnam?

Of course I remember you. Interesting people are hard to forget. Thanks for the well-wishes on the project. Yes it has been rather difficult, I think people are shy to pledge once the amount of other supporters are rather low. However, I have just created a PR for the campaign which will be released shortly.

In the meantime, I'd like to say this: Kickstarter is a great platform, and for those of you interested in our mission, please come and support. There is no risk involved as you only really "pay" once the goal is reached. Therefore, together we can make the coffee world a little more cultural and diverse. I encourage you to help us and really hope we can get this of the ground. It has been an up & down ride and we are certain to get where we like to be (somehow) :)...Also, you don't have to wait a very long time for your Pledge to arrive as we are already fully setup and ready to fulfill.

So back to your initial question Ensoluna, we use a blend of Robusta & Arabica Catimor for our Espresso Blend whereas it is 80% Arabica without added flavorings or anything like that. Pure Coffee. The specialty coffee is on the rise here in Vietnam and give it a couple more years and you will read more about vietnamese Coffee.

We will exhibit in Saigon at the international Cafe Show from 2 - 4 March, if you are around, let me know :)

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
thanks for a nice reply, Dietmar.
I really wish you the best on your new project.
honestly I would love to go and see Saigon International Cafe Show from March 2 to 4, but this is when I must be in Guatemala selling green beans to my customers.
basically, I am in Guatemala for two month, Feb to end March, picking up customers from airport and taking them to different farms and coops for cupping.

Someday, our paths will cross and I love to meet you.
Best of luck to you, Dietmar.