Importing Coffee Beans to Australia

amazme

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Id like to hear some feedback from those in the coffee bean imports business. I am opening up a cafe in 2010 and would like to start importing some coffee beans from abroad.

Ideally id then like to brand it for local sale etc etc. Is there anyone out there that can provide some info on who some of these importers are?

Are there any online sites etc. PM is you like to discuss further in detail.

I am located in melbourne, australia

Cheers
Mark

Mark, I assume that you are talking roasted product. importing roasted coffee is no problem, as long as the coffee is roasted, sealed in correct packaging. As per any product entering australia, the coffee must be examined by AQIS on entry- whether that be at a sea port or an airport. All coffee commercially entering australia must be accompanied by a valid phyotosanitary certificate, invoice, packing list, OBL/AWB, ICO certification. Its not hard to be honest and normally AQIS will pay attention (meaning CLOSE attention) to the first few shipments to make sure the processes are being followed.

For green things are a wee bit more difficult. All inbound coffee unroasted must be accompnaied by the list as above plus a valid certificate of fummigation (using Methyl Bromide). AQIS has a list of approved fummigator at origin. Depending on the condition the coffee is at on arrival and inspection, another fumigation may be ordered by AQIS officers.

Hope this is helpful, PM or email me for any other info.

Cheers

johnrob

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey Mark,

How did you go with this idea ? I am keen on doing something similar as well and was hoping i can get a few tips and tricks around starting a small business.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

leathal711

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi Alun....are you able to advise what would be the most enconomical amounts to import to lower the per cost bag? We want to import from Timor-leste and wondering if we are better with a container as DHL makes it very expensive per bag.
Thanks
Leanne

andersonscollection

Mar 16, 2019
Visit site
information

Hey Ensoluna

I went to send you a privet msg but did not work is there a way to contact you? would love to have a chat about the importing coffee into Australia,

Regards
Anderson

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hey Ensoluna

I went to send you a privet msg but did not work is there a way to contact you? would love to have a chat about the importing coffee into Australia,

Regards
Anderson

Hello Anderson,

You can contact Alex through the Ensoluna website - ENSOLUNA

or send him an E-mail message:

USA Office
International Sales Contact
Long Beach California USA
Phone Number: 1-562-999-6068 Contact: Alex Y. Yoon
Mail: [email protected]