Industry Rent/Lease Standards In large office buildings

JerryB

Nov 10, 2012
Near Salt Lake City
Visit site
Hello everyone!
I am new to this forum and I must say I enjoy reading many of these discussions. Thanks to everyone who posts and replies to help people like me learn and get ideas about the coffee industry.
  1. I come to you all today trying to learn how much would the typical (Rent/Lease) cost for putting a kiosk in a large, multistory office building. I want to approach some large building managers in my area and I don't know what would be the going rate to even start to negotiate.
  2. Same thing about standard rent/lease cost for a drive thru building out on the front edge of a large parking lot.

I am hopping that several people will share their story about possibly their locations. I do understand about how the different levels of traffic can influence these costs and with descriptions given, I can get an idea for my particular situation at hand.

Thanks everyone,
Jerry

Palmsy

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi Jerry, its impossible to answer your question with out much more information, there really is no such thing as typica lwhen it comes to leases. It will depend on the city, suburb, location, demand, etc etc.
I would suggest that you look up some commercial real estate agents in your local area and get some information from them.

JerryB

Nov 10, 2012
Near Salt Lake City
Visit site
I have had one of our major grocery store chains tell me that they typically ask for $1000/mo for a double lane drive thru. However, this location doesn't have room for a 2 lane store. He asked how much I would offer in this case. Being new to all this, I didn't know what to suggest. I am researching how much traffic the site has. And I'm looking to see if it could even support a single lane drive thru. Can anyone tell me how important it is to have 2 lanes usable:?:

Jerry

Last edited:

graham

Apr 3, 2014
Columbus, IN
Visit site
I can't really help with what your base rent should be but in my previous life I was a commercial real estate lease auditor. I even audited a ton of leases for Starbucks and helped recover tens of thousands of dollars of over-payments. I don't do that work anymore but if anyone is wondering if they're paying more than they agreed to on their lease I'd be happy to help!