Introductions

Jully78

Sep 29, 2021
USA
Visit site
Hello i'm new here, my name is Niko i live in new zealand, i'm 17 and in a month or so
i'm going to do a barista training course WooHoo!!!!. i've bean drinking coffee since i was about 6 or 7 , i would like to learn about differant coffee drinks and any helpfull tips to making the best coffee ever!!!! see ya :-D :-D
Hi, I am Jully from USA and am also a coffee lover and when I added a whipped cream and sprinkle some coco powder on the top of my coffee it gives me an amazing taste. You will also try this tip , I hope you will liked it.

jaunecitrine

Nov 28, 2021
Gatineau, Canada
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My name is Jean-Christophe and I'm an avid coffee drinker/Graphic designer. Probably 2-3 months ago, I bought a home roaster and began trying to roast from Green beans I bought on amazon. I would eventually like sell my own blends as a business venture. I'm at a point where I'm looking at buying affordable coffee storing containers that let gases come out in order for me to experiment blending single origin beans to find out the characteristics and flavours I would like to incorporate into my own blends.

I hope to find here inspiration and learn from everybody.

Thank you!! JC

Goast2

Jun 28, 2021
UK
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My name is Jean-Christophe and I'm an avid coffee drinker/Graphic designer. Probably 2-3 months ago, I bought a home roaster and began trying to roast from Green beans I bought on amazon. I would eventually like sell my own blends as a business venture. I'm at a point where I'm looking at buying affordable coffee storing containers that let gases come out in order for me to experiment blending single origin beans to find out the characteristics and flavours I would like to incorporate into my own blends.

I hope to find here inspiration and learn from everybody.

Thank you!! JC
Welcome to the forum)

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I look forward to meeting all of you.

I enjoy a range of coffee making, from drip and pods to pour over to espresso to burnt cowboy coffee. There is a time and a place for it all. I frequent my local beanery, and I also purchase grocery store coffee, from time to time.

Many (many) years ago I ran a coffeehouse. Bohemian style, with cable spools for tables, and live music.

More than that I hope to share as we get to know each other.

Thor

Jan 26, 2022
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I look forward to meeting all of you.

I enjoy a range of coffee making, from drip and pods to pour over to espresso to burnt cowboy coffee. There is a time and a place for it all. I frequent my local beanery, and I also purchase grocery store coffee, from time to time.

Many (many) years ago I ran a coffeehouse. Bohemian style, with cable spools for tables, and live music.

More than that I hope to share as we get to know each other.

Howdy and welcome-- I am new here too.

Thor

Jan 26, 2022
Visit site
I've been raised in a coffee household.... the first smell every morning on waking was my mom and dad 'perking' that first pot of the day.

I've since become a bit of a coffee snob. I make Americano's cup by cup on a Delonghi Espresso machine. LOVE it.

You can't beat freshly roasted beans ground on the spot. Can you?

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
So the main thing that cured me of coffee snobbery is my caffeine addiction. I have been able to make better coffee (more to my liking) than most any cup of coffee readily available. Yea well great but if I avoid coffee that doesn't "meet my standards" I will start getting those skull crushing headaches, and I will become very annoying and ruin not just my day but everyone's. I noticed that coffee tastes better and better the more I need it, and a big part of enjoying it is overcoming my coffee jones, and feeling my internal incredible hulk finally subside.

So I drive the middle lane - I appreciate and love all coffee for what it is. Bad breath is better than no breath, and sometimes an old drip machine making Cafe Bustelo and served in a styrofoam cup in the corner of the truck mechanics garage can be absolutely as transcendent as any high end coffeehouse pour over or espresso served in a college town. Maybe even more so.

So if I don't like the coffee, it may just be I don't need it enough. :p I just need to wait another hour and try it again.