Is Caffeine a Health Hazard?

stefan

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Caffeine is the most widely consumed drug in the world, most commonly from the beverages coffee, tea and soda. An estimated 80% of the world's population consumes a caffeine-containing substance daily. A typical 8-ounce (240-ml) cup of instant coffee contains about 100 mg of caffeine — about twice as much as a cup of tea or a 12-ounce (360-ml) can/bottle of soda. A 30-gram chocolate bar might contain as much caffeine as half a cup of tea. Pure caffeine can be obtained in powders, caplets or tablets in products like NoDoz.

cindy

Feb 8, 2005
South Africa
Visit site
guys....
just page through the forum, there are plenty of topics just like this one...about the pro's and con's on caffeine...use your search tool before posting another one of the same topics.

CJA

Sep 20, 2011
Washington D.C.
Visit site
To the last post...7 cups a day might be tolerable for you (though it would certainly be above average), but it could be a difficult amount for many people to try to break the habit. I speak from some level of experience -- I used to drink about 10 cups of coffee a day, and when I tried to reduce that amount it was painful experience.

This is on top of the fact that 2-3 cups is considered safe, which equates to about 300mg of caffeine a day. Seven cups a day would put you up about 1000mg a day.

Chris

CJA

Sep 20, 2011
Washington D.C.
Visit site
Lol -- yes it can be great for your health, unless you start drinking it in excess (which varies per person, but keep in mind 2-3 cups a day is about average for most people to tolerate).

Vinfotech

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The consumptions should be in limited amount.Instead if taken properly, its very nice for the asthmatic patients.Acts as Bronchodialator.

Ryanbottom

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
A archetypal 8-ounce (240-ml) cup of burning coffee contains about 100 mg of caffeine — about alert as abundant as a cup of tea or a 12-ounce (360-ml) can/bottle of soda. A 30-gram amber bar ability accommodate as abundant caffeine as bisected a cup of tea. Pure caffeine can be acquired in powders, caplets or tablets in articles like NoDoz.