Is this a good deal on a drive-thru building?

jaysmurph

Jan 3, 2005
Los Angeles, CA.
Visit site
I found a 12' X 6' metal building (it used to be an info booth I think) that I want to convert into a drive-thru. Basically all's it is is a shell with wrap around windows. First of all it is $2500. Seems like a good price, right? I will have to add plumbing and redo the electrical as well as add cabinents.

Also, I was wondering if it will be big enough? Any thoughts on that and the price?

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hey jaysmurph:

Although a 12X6 is an operational size it will swrink once you start putting equipment & storage inside. It will also depend on your set up and how many people you plan to put in it. But it's a workable size.

Kudzu Koffee

May 24, 2005
Visit site
Have you checked with the local health department to see what will be required? Might be a good thing to look into before you make the purchase. I know the Health Dept where I live is ruthless and we had to make several design changes to make them happy.

Good Luck!

TexstarJim

Jan 16, 2006
Visit site
Jay, I would not attempt to use this building due to it's small size. Once you place your equipment inside, you are out of room and will be bumping into yourself everytime you turn around. Also, $2500 for a building that size it too much unless it is in pristine condition.

jaysmurph

Jan 3, 2005
Los Angeles, CA.
Visit site
I know the health department is picky about the design and placement of the appliances, but I didn't know they were picky about the size of the building too. I will check that out asap. Thanks for the heads up!