Jabez Burns and Sons Cupping table

Palmsup

Jan 27, 2007
Houston
Visit site
I just bought a JB cupping table from and old roaster that went out of business. They claim it came out of a coffee roasting plant in the 1890s. Its solid wood with neat carvings and a JB brass plate on it. Anyone seen one or know where I can get info on it?

coffeebean56

Feb 27, 2008
Atlanta
Visit site
[quote:cc53a5106e=\"Palmsup\"]I just bought a JB cupping table from and old roaster that went out of business. They claim it came out of a coffee roasting plant in the 1890s. Its solid wood with neat carvings and a JB brass plate on it. Anyone seen one or know where I can get info on it?[/quote:cc53a5106e]

I too have a round table with a rotating top, carved legs and a plate with Jabez Burns & Sons NY stamped with a number. The top measures 48 inches in diameter. The table is antique from the late late 19th century. Does this sound like yours? I''d love to see a jpeg of yours and I''ll send you a pic of this table.

roadkill

Aug 11, 2021
Danbury Ct
Visit site
[quote:cc53a5106e=\"Palmsup\"]I just bought a JB cupping table from and old roaster that went out of business. They claim it came out of a coffee roasting plant in the 1890s. Its solid wood with neat carvings and a JB brass plate on it. Anyone seen one or know where I can get info on it?[/quote:cc53a5106e]

I too have a round table with a rotating top, carved legs and a plate with Jabez Burns & Sons NY stamped with a number. The top measures 48 inches in diameter. The table is antique from the late late 19th century. Does this sound like yours? I''d love to see a jpeg of yours and I''ll send you a pic of this table.
Just wondering do you still have the table?