JacaBiz Question

zander3

Nov 8, 2006
WI
Visit site
HI. I AM A NEWBIE. I WAS LOOKING AROUND THE SIGHT AND CAME ACROSS JAVABIZ. I CONTACTED THEM VIA E-MAIL ABOUT WHERE THEY WILL GO IN THE USA. A MAN CALLED ME LATER AND WE HAD A GOOD CHAT ABOUT HIGH POINT COFFEE LICENSING. MY QUESTION TO ANY ONE IS. HAVE ANY OF YOU EVER BEEN WITH THIS COMPANY, HAD DEALINGS WITH THEM, GOOD STORIES, BAD STORIES, RUMORS ETC? IT SOUNDS GOOD TO ME BUT SO DID LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL WHEN I WAS A KID AND I STUNK AT HITTING THE BALL...SORRY. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND REPLYS....MAY THE BEAN BE WITH YOU!!!

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
Sorry, never heard of them. Do you have a person's name or company name associated with this "Jacabiz" or "Javabiz"? What exactly do they claim to do?

zander3

Nov 8, 2006
WI
Visit site
Thanks for the re-ply and sorry about the spelling. The sight is javabiz[dot]com
and the gentelmans name I spoke with is Jim Lane VP Sales and Marketing High Point Coffee Licensing. With out writing a book on what they will do for me, in short, they come out and start from A and go to Z. When they leave I will have a coffee shop up and running. I have to use the products they come sith such as coffee, vendors, etc until I pay off the licensing fee, roughly 3 years. Good, bad,? I really cant say but I have hit a brick wall and started looking around for consultants and this is where I am. Most people have the hard time on the financial side. Believe it or not, that is the least of my concerns. I am having a hard time with all the homework that is involved but nothing good comes easy. thanks for your time....

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
No, sorry. I am not familiar with this company; however, the licensing agreement to use their products sounds like a questionable attempt to skirt franchise and other "business opportunity" laws. I'll forward this information to the FTC.

Whatever consultant you choose to provide you with information should be free of financial entanglements from any suppliers that they recommend. The true practice of consulting assists clients by providing industry-specific advice and processes to improve the quality and performance of business - it should NEVER be a sale pitch for someone's licensing program. Be certain to pick the company that will provide information that is in YOUR best interest, not their own.

Best regards,

Andrew

RMC

Jun 21, 2007
Medford, OR
Visit site
High Point Coffee

I spoke with a rep of High Point when I was first researching opening up a drive-thru. Sorta got the impression he was more interested in my money than my welfare...I could be wrong, but my instincts have served me pretty well.

AJPRATT

Mar 7, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Visit site
Zander... The only way for you to learn is to do it yourself. There are no shortcuts. And, even if there are, don't take them--you'll be better off. I am proud with what I do know because I took the time to research it. Admittedly, since I have started this venture, I have learned some hard lessons. I have nowhere near the experience of knowledge that most have on this forum, but what I have is what I have gained for me. Knowledge is the one thing they can't take away from you.

A consultant can be a great asset to what you want to do and can point you in the direction, but you need to know what you are talking about so people like the company you almost dealt with don't take advantage of you. (Sorry if the company in question is legit, I just don't know). And keep in mind, consultants are like many things: there are good and then not so good. I happen to think the consultants on this forum are not only legitimate, but also very geniune, but again, that's just my opinion.