Jura Ena Micro 1 vs automatic + good grinder?

ultcrema

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I have a Jura Ena Micro 1 that I got for convenience. It makes a really good shot. But it's leaking and it's brand-new, so it's going back.

I started thinking, yes the Jura makes a really good shot, and does it consistently, with the push of a button, but I want a Great Shot.

Now I'm thinking instead of swapping units, to switch to a good grinder and another machine, and want to get your opinions.

Baratza Vario 886 - never dreamed I'd spend this much on a grinder, but it sounds like it's necessary.

Pair this with Breville BES840xl the Infuser or Gaggia Classic, or something else?

A little about me. I've brewed espresso before so it's not entirely new. Willing to put in the time but need to brew, drink, and clean quickly in the mornings.

I want something that lasts with minimal fuss. I may steam milk occasionally, but I would just as soon microwave some milk if in a hurry or drink a double-shot straight.

So..
Will I really get espresso that is that much better with the Baratza Vario and one of the above machines, or should I just stick with convenience? Thanks!

Last edited: