Jura Impressa J5

nikos114

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,
I currently have the Illy Iperespresso Francis X7, which I enjoy quite a lot. It makes a very decent cup of coffee, and the manual steaming wand allows me to froth milk myself, as it's a process I enjoy very much. The downside is that I can only use the illy capsules, so cannot try different varieties or tastes.
Hence, I am thinking of going for a new automatic bean grinder machine. I saw the Jura Impressa J5 piano white, which I fell in love with immediately.
As it is very expensive, I would like your thoughts on the machine. Any experienced reviews of it (or any of the juras) would be highly appreciated.
Also, please feel free to suggest any other (and cheaper!) machines with same functions.
Lastly, I am looking for a (automated) machine, that has a manual steaming nozzle, as I would like to be able to do my own latte art. Do you think the manual steaming system of this machine is good enough to make the required microfoam for latte art??
Any replys at all will be much appreciated, guys! Thanks!

coffeelogicuk

Nov 26, 2010
Herts
Visit site
Hi there, the Jura's are great machines and have proven to be some of the most popular and reliable btc machines we have to offer. The J5 has an auto frother that draws milk straight from a milk flask to froth, steam or heat the milk into your cup, so you don't really have the manual control that you are asking for. You can replace the pro frother with an alternative steam wand (purchased separately) and just use that to froth your milk though.