Jura Impressa J7 frother problem

Roennow

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi.

I am a newbie here. However I hope you can help me.

I am the lucky owner of a Jura Impressa J7. It makes a very good cup of coffee.

However I ame having problems with the automatic frother. After a few months it stopped frothing. Now it just suck up milk, not creaming it… Further the sound has changed. Search "Jura J7 Froother" on youtube to see problem... (sorry for the misspelling...:oops:)

I thought it was a matter of descaling, so I descaled, cleaned the frother one extra time. Claned the “frother valve”… But it did not help… So I bought a new frother. That helped…
However after 2 month I am having the same problem again with the new frother. :question:

Guess I can have a new frother on warranty, but what is the problem? The machine? The frother quality?, …?

Hope anyone have an idea. The shop don’t…

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Most frothing mechanisms have at least one hole that allow air to be sucked in to aerate the milk. If this is clogged it would simply steam and not froth. Have you taken it apart thoroughly for a more detailed look?

Roennow

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Shadow 745,

Thanks for your promt reply.

Yes, I have look over and over again, and cannot see any difference. When I bought the new frother I made a 1 to 1 comparision, without finding any difference. To be sure I have put the frother in cleaner for 1 hour... That didn't help either...

I cannot see any holes clogged...