Just Opened

Birdsofplay

Nov 18, 2004
Washington State
Visit site
I just opened a web site called EverybodysGottaEat.com offering some specialty coffees and was wondering how long it will take for people to visit? We carry only good stuff but I don't know how to promote this on the web. Any Ideas would be appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Mary

JavaQueen

Oct 18, 2004
NY
Visit site
Have you submitted the site to any search engines? You will need to do this, otherwise no one will find your site. You can do it yourself for free, or you can pay a company to do it for you. It is time consuming.
After submission, it can take 4 weeks to a few months to get listed on the search engines.
Make sure you have all your keywords, meta tags and all that in line before you submit to make sure your site will show up on the first page.

Also - put your URL on *everything* that leaves your hands, from emails to business cards, pens, letterhead, whatever!

BaristaTrainer

Oct 18, 2004
Portland, OR
Visit site
JavaQueen is right on ... if you can afford to hire a company to monthly monitor and submit your site to all of the search engines, etc.

Our companies sites have been online for many years and we place higher because of it. Many new and not well known sites will purchase paid advertisements on the major search engines and industry sites to get visibility.

Also the more sites you link to and link back to you increases your exposure. Bottom line is that it takes time, and knowledge of the evolving search engine world.

You can list your site for free at http://www.coffeeuniverse.com and probably some other sites out there.

Good luck!!

BT

Birdsofplay

Nov 18, 2004
Washington State
Visit site
Wow, thanks you guys! I realize there are so many companies out there it's hard to "stand out". I might consider purchasing some advertising when we offer more products. Right now it's just some coffee and cakes but I hope to expand on that very soon. Your encouragement will help me through these next few months! :grin:

Mary

mr he

Oct 6, 2004
Taiwan
Visit site
cheaper ways

Well, there are other ways to gain exposure than merely by throwing money at things.

If you make sure that your web site is designed so the search engines pick it up easier, then you will stand a greater chance of being picked up faster. A decent web designer should know what to do. so make sure that search keywords appear on your web site more than 1-2 times. However, if you have hiden words, they will consider your side spam, and will not list it.

Also, if you want to get onto Yahoo with a stable listing, then start by using google. submit to google, and pay for a one-time submission to a host of search engines, I used submit it for my site.

Also, make sure that your site is listed in coffeeforums, coffeehits and the other coffee web sites, as links always helps you in getting your ratings up.

Once you start to appear on the second or third page on a google search, people will start to click on you and then... You might end up on page 1 on yahoo having spent a mere US$70 on the site AND a one time submission on a submission service...

I am not saying that Overture and similar services are bad, if you want to pay for every time someone clicks on your link. But... there are cheaper ways as well...