Just want a consistent High Temperature Drip coffee maker...

vbernard

Jun 4, 2005
Visit site
Hello All,

Assuming quality taste is important, what coffee maker consistently brews the "hottest" coffee? My biggest pet peeve is "cool" coffee. I have read all the postings on here and I've read good and bad about Capresso MT500, Capresso CoffeTec, Technivorm KB741, Presto Scandanavian, all of which I am looking at.

Someone with expertise, please help point me in the right direction. If I am missing a model or brand, please let me know, but of the 4 I listed, which do you recommend?

Thanks for the help

Vic

You might already do this, but if not, it will make a huge difference. Preheat your mug.

Espresso machines usually have a warmer on top. Mine isn't plumbed into a water supply so I have to take the lid off every other day to add water. To serve hot drinks, I have to run some hot water into the cup. As a benefit, it preheats the group head, too.

I understand you're dripping, not pulling shots. But the preheating will easily add 10-20 degrees to your coffee. If you don't have a source of boiling water handy, just toss the cup in the microwave for 30 seconds.

JoeP

Jun 30, 2005
San Diego
Visit site
I know its almost herecy to say this, but I love my Starbucks Aroma with a swiss gold filter. But my freind has a technivorm and its pretty cool too.