Keurig B100 coffee maker

live4coffee

Jul 20, 2004
Visit site
Hello,

My wife and are are considering two coffee machines, the Senseo and Keurig. I read a comprehensive review of the Keurig at www.keurigcoffeemakers.com and it seems to get good marks, but I'm also looking to hear other opinions. What about the Senseo? A better machine for the money? More versatile and less proprietary? I like the choice of coffee with the Keurig. :grin:

Thanks!

Matt

Keurig vs. Senseo

I have to disclose that I work for a company that makes coffee for the keurig machine.

I do not have a Keurig machine at home because I am into espresso (very nice Isomac Millennium). I have given away 4 of the B-100 machines to friends and family and they remain the most used appliances in all 4 households.

The coffee selection is bigger in Keurig in large part because it has been around longer. It will be a while before pods have the same selection. One of the other challenges is that there is not a single pod standard. There are many different pod sizes - so it also has a proprietary component. If you go the pod route, make sure you get the right pods for your machine.

Based on the testing in our coffee lab, the Keurig does make a better tasting cup of coffee. The two main reasons are 1.) regardless of the roaster, the coffee put in K-cups is better starting at the tree and through the entire process 2.) the packaging on a pod generally is more prone to oxygen contamination that makes the coffee stale.

I tend to think of pods as a convenient way to get a mediocre cup of coffee. Yes, there is the cost issue. In general, expect machines to go on deal closer to the holidays. There are likely to be pod-brewer deals and probably k-cup Keurig brewer deals as we get closer to Thanksgiving. Watch the Keurig web site, the roaster web sites as well as companies like Great Coffee.com.

mimimikikiki

Jun 19, 2020
Visit site
Hello coffee lovers. I'm opening a coffee-cafe and was looking for just a topic comparing Keurig K1500 and Senseo 7810\65 , I don't completely know what to choose.
Has anything changed since 2004?
I chose The Keurig OfficePRO K1500 Premier Brewing System brews a perfect cup of coffee, tea, hot cocoa, or iced beverage in under one minute at the touch of a button. Now everyone you work with can brew what they love. This fully programmable brewer has an interactive touchscreen that allows you to program the brew temperature, Auto On/Off, and set your language preference to English, Spanish or French.