Keurig coffees

java 4 me

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased a Keurig coffee maker (the Cuisinart version). I did find a couple of websites that give reviews on different coffees that can be used in this machine but not sure how many people were actually involved in tasting and reviewing the coffees. Not sure I trust just one person's viewpoint. Many sites that sell K-cups include reviews but I find that most people only turn in a review if they love it or hate it. What I'm looking for is a site that takes polls of different types of coffee and tells you which Brand of that particular type or flavor of coffee people preferred.

For instance, if you clicked on French Roast, it would tell you what % prefer Timothy's - Emeril's French Quarter, % that prefer Vanhoutte's - Wolf Gang Puck's, etc. I want to have a nice collection of French Roast, Dark and Bold, a regular medium blend, and a nice assortment of flavors but I want to have to best of each selection without having to purchase a large box of each type to find out which is best.

tinninches

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
My first SSC maker was a Keurig B40 and frankly, the coffee (regardless of make/model) was always weak. Just never gave me that coffee feeling. I switched to the pod format and haven't looked back and really encourage all to try the pod format side-by-side w/ their Keurig and see what you truly enjoy more.

hollywood

Mar 24, 2011
Boise, ID
Visit site
Doughnut Shop coffee is, in my opinion, one of the best regular coffees there are. At walmart (or at least the one where I live) they have Keurig coffee's available too. Including (but not limited to) Folgers coffee K-Cups. There are a LOT of options though!

kcmdealer

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the above poster regarding Donut Shop. If you shop hard enough you'll find the best deals on Keurig coffee makers on the internet, although this is usually the case with most commerce these days.

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
I have an issue with brewing the coffee through that disposable plastic pod. As we are finding out, lots of nasty shiit leaches out of plastic to be ingested by you from all sorts of packaging (though I am speaking in generalities and have no proof of it as far as coffee pods are concerned).......having worked in plastics for a while and seen first hand the crap they fling at you to manage damaging information.

Last edited:

newtowntex

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
JustKups.com offers the largest selection of single serve Keurig brand K-Cup Coffee & 50 Packs as well as Keurig Brewers. Shop our large inventory with free K Cups shipping.

brandonlink

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
not sure about the keurig

yeah they're quick and easy, but does that make them good?? i usually think of the keurig coffees as somehow cheating. maybe that's just the coffee snob in me...

Coffeeexpert

Jun 29, 2008
USA
Visit site
After reading that heat causes BPA to leach from plastics, I stopped drinking k-cups and switched to pods. Tully's French and Evergreen were my favorite dark roasts by far though.

Last edited:

Quality_Coffee

Oct 17, 2011
Roanoke, Va
Visit site
Our Company has tested the Keurig system before and thought about offering it to our customers but when we tried it, which i admit was several years ago on the cusp of the single cup boom, it wasn't spectacular by any means. The plastic cup in which it was brewed from left a residual taste in the coffee. I prefer and single cup solution like Pod filters such as Reunion Island or the high dollar Flavia System.

MoffeeCoff

Feb 15, 2012
Australia
Visit site
I have a Keurig Special Edition and the Milk Frother. I LOVE this coffee maker. I have bought them as gifts and nearly had a nervous breakdown when I thought mine was broken. I feel guitly because I can't recycle the plastic from the kcups but I am a major fan. I have had it for 2 1/2 years.