La Cimbali M-30 Classic

CimbaliIESP

Jul 5, 2007
Visit site
Please I need an electrical wiring diagram for my La Cimbali M-30 Classic.
I do not know how to install a new plug and if it has some kind of fuses
Thanx

CimbaliIESP

Jul 5, 2007
Visit site
It has 5 (FIVE) wires: BLACK, RED, GREEN, ORANGE, BEIGE
Chord: CAROL SUPER VU-TRON 90 degrees C
14/ 5 TYPE SOW-A
P-123-70-MSHA
TYPE SO

And I do not know if it has some kind of fuse or electrical protection
I do not even know if it works, that's why I need to put the plug so I can connect it to the wall receptacle

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Cimbali's are designed to run on single or 3 phase. If you are working with single phase you just have to wire the plug differently. The most common plug configuration is Black and Red wired together - L1, Orange - Beige (also can be white)- L2, and green is ground.

Usually on the left side of the machine on the inner panel will have a wiring diagram. To help you with getting the plug right. You will also have to check your voltage and make the adjustment on the machine as well. There is a wire that can be set at 200V, 220V, and 240V.

CimbaliIESP

Jul 5, 2007
Visit site
Thanx CCafe, I'm going to try that.

The diagram is no longer there, so I'm going to try joining the 2 wires that you told me.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Davec said:
CimbaliIESP said:
Thanx CCafe, I'm going to try that.

The diagram is no longer there, so I'm going to try joining the 2 wires that you told me.
:lol: I am just waiting for the disclaimer to be posted :wink:

Why should there be a disclaimer? Cimbali equipment has been able to run single and 3 phase for 20+ years. It is all on how the electrical switch on/off switch is wired. The only true problem that can really screw things up is if you don't set the power settings. Cimbali's use a transformer to run multiple voltages 0, 3, 5, 12, 24, 200, 220, and 240 volts. So you have to take a multimeter and test the line voltage. So if you have 208V you set it to 200V if you get 235 you set it to 240. So on and so forth. Otherwise the long term effect of over voltage or under voltage will wear out some electronics.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Not the best picture but I hope it helps.

The top image, the wires are all separate on the cord. The bottom image is the single phase wire diagram.

The X represents the wires being joined together.

cwire.jpg

CimbaliIESP

Jul 5, 2007
Visit site
Hey Thanks for the diagram! You have been very helpfull!

Do you by any chance have the upper and bottom part.

The way I see it, I think I have to move something there according to to the number of phases I want to connect (The letters R, S, T, U, V, W)
Am I right?

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
The top picture the wires on the electrical cord are all separated, none are connected together. The heating element - R,S,T the wires go straight up just like the middle picture. The bottom picture the heating element wires U,V,W go straight down much like the top. You most likely won't have to fool around with changing the element wires.

For the most part remove the drain pan. Use a number 4 metric alan wrench and remove the 2 screws holding down the lid over the electrical box. You should now see the electrical switch. If you look at the diagram it shows that the switch should have one big jumper that crosses the electrical leads on the switch. To see what I mean look at the middle and the top diagram and you should see breaks in the white line. When you look at you switch and you see metal tabs jumping all the screw connectors then you are already setup for single phase.

If this is the case wire your plug red-black, orange-white, and green is ground.

CimbaliIESP

Jul 5, 2007
Visit site
I'm doing better with my M-30

Thank You CCafe!

I'm doing better. I just found the electrical diagram under the plate that I removed!
I talked to a friend that works on electrical machinery and is going to help me wire it and start it.

As soon as I see that the electrical system works, I will try it and clean it. Do you know what type of products can use to clean the espresso machine?

Thanx