La Marzocco GS1 Paddle Opp For Sale

How many La marzocco GS1 machines still exist in the United States?

• 15 to 27

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50 to 99

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

harlygold

Aug 13, 2016
Seattle
Visit site
The one machine that can not be found for sale is in my hands!
Ok, so all things aside, this machine is 98% complete, scene in the pictures.
It does have a porta filter and basket that go's with it
The back side story is that it was in a Seattle restaurant bar for a few years, and then replaced with a 2 group machine, This unit went into heated dry storage for several years and then it fell into my lap. I know how rare this machine is, and I also know that there are several people out there that are willing to pay above and beyond what my price is if they had a chance to get their hands on one.
Some people that I have spoken to have said that there are as little as 25 of these machines in the United States!
Having one of these it is kind of like having a limited first year edition of a Ferrari.

So, on the flip side, she need's to be re-wired, the wire is there how ever with age comes the need to replace parts.
She should have the pressure stat replaced.
And of course the porta filter screen and gasket should be replaced.
Now the one and only missing part is the back panel!

I have over 25 years in the espresso and espresso machine industry.

My price is flexible, how ever some of you may laugh at it. I would like to remind that there is not one of these machines for sale on the market, so it now turns into a sellers market place with this machine.

Asking price $25,000.00 as is
Open to serious offers!
206-790-4209
12744680_10153302076331296_3681830533390198480_n.jpg12744149_10153302076546296_8027479515107374129_n.jpg12745549_10153302076491296_5208918791126997915_n.jpg12715542_10153302076446296_5570827577996406104_n.jpg

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "harlygold"

I don't quite understand why you decided to add a poll to this thread.

Please post a message here when your La Marzocco is sold. That way, people won't keep asking about it, and we can close this thread.

Thanks,
Rose

harlygold

Aug 13, 2016
Seattle
Visit site
HI Rose,

Hello "harlygold"

I don't quite understand why you decided to add a poll to this thread.

Please post a message here when your La Marzocco is sold. That way, people won't keep asking about it, and we can close this thread.

Thanks,
Rose

Well Rose people love the idea of having a little challenge in their day to day reading! And the poll option was offered when I put the post on there! If you dont like a poll being posted with a add, then it would be wise to not offer that option to those of us that post things for sale!

And Yes when it is sold, every one will be notified of it.
Sounds to like you may be a little upset over a very rare machine! Or may be it is getting people talking and taking away from the attention that you may be use to having on here. Either Way , This is about a high end rare machine that is for sale!

Last edited:

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Sounds to like you may be a little upset over a very rare machine! Or may be it is getting people talking and taking away from the attention that you may be use to having on here.

Sounds like you should check out your own attitude... great way to help sell you machine. 2 posts vs. 3,967.... hum

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Well Rose people love the idea of having a little challenge in their day to day reading! And the poll option was offered when I put the post on there! If you don't like a poll being posted with a add, then it would be wise to not offer that option to those of us that post things for sale!

And Yes when it is sold, every one will be notified of it.
Sounds to like you may be a little upset over a very rare machine! Or may be it is getting people talking and taking away from the attention that you may be use to having on here. Either Way , This is about a high end rare machine that is for sale!

Rather than waste my energy blasting you - which I'm very tempted to do, all I'll say is good luck with trying to sell your vintage La Marzocco GS1 for $25,000.

Rose

harlygold

Aug 13, 2016
Seattle
Visit site
My dear Rose

Rather than waste my energy blasting you - which I'm very tempted to do, all I'll say is good luck with trying to sell your vintage La Marzocco GS1 for $25,000.

Rose[/QUOTE

My dear Rose, I am not one to generaly chicken fight with people online or in person. You see I am 50 years old and been involved with sales service and repair of all espresso machines for 27 years. In this time period I have found that there are garbage machines that people sell for alot of money and then there are ones that any price go's! Now that being said, the my last La Marzocco GS1 that I had that was in super poor condition in comparison, had 4 people increasing what they would pay for it and they finally stopped there in person price jacking at $32,000.00 . So was the machine worth it? To the buyer it is worth what ever they are willing to pay for the rarest of the rare high end machines. Now on to the attitude, you are supposed to be a super moderator, how ever you attacked me on my post, my price and on my attitude as well as complaining about taking it down as soon as it sells so that you do not have to answer any more questions about.
At this point I am getting the impression that I am communicating with 18 to 24 year person that has zero knowledge of high end and rare espresso equipment. So next time you want to go shooting off at the mouth or on the text, you may want to reconsider the fact that their are people out here that will fire back at you. And the other deal is learn how to properly word your information in a warm and friendly way so that you avoid encountering individuals like myself who will call you out. This is a business posting section for equipment that is for sale and I as poster should never have to encounter a reply such as yours on any website

Last edited:

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Harlygold, I think if you go back and reread Rose's first post objectively, then read your reply...you may actually realize that it was you, sir, and not she, who escalated the combative tone in this thread. At worst, she merely questioned the use of a poll, which seemed a bit superfluous to me as well since in your post you claim to have knowledge that there may be as few as 25 of these in the US. Am I taking sides? Damn right I am. Rose is a valuable contributor to this community of coffee lovers, and you are here hoping to sell a very expensive single group espresso machine.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "harlygold"

I have typed the words "Please post a message here when your ___item_____ is sold. That way, people won't keep asking about it, and we can close this thread" - at least a hundred times during the eight years that I've been a Moderator on this Forum. You are the first person to take offense to it.

And, you are way off base with your assumption that I am between 18-24 years old. I had a good laugh when I read that comment.

I admit that I am not impressed by old high-end or rare espresso equipment, just as I am not impressed with antique furniture or vintage cars. To me, you seem to be just one more person who has joined the Coffee Forum just to sell something.

I hope you will find a buyer for your espresso machine soon.

Rose

harlygold

Aug 13, 2016
Seattle
Visit site
Yes and I see all of the above as it looks more like you are a small time coffee roaster with to much time on your hands.
Please take some advice from me and take it to heart. Stay off the post of sales items that are high dollar and that you have no knowledge of!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Yes and I see all of the above as it looks more like you are a small time coffee roaster with to much time on your hands.
Please take some advice from me and take it to heart. Stay off the post of sales items that are high dollar and that you have no knowledge of!

Nope! You're wrong again. I'm not a small time coffee roaster, and I certainly don't have too much time on my hands.

Does that mean that you think the other members of this Forum, who actively post on the Forum, also have too much time on their hands?

By the way, I think it's amusing that you are the only person to answer your own poll question.

I'll probably stop posting here, just so this thread can be buried down the line in a few days.

If my intuition is on target, and you've already complained to one of the Administrations about my responses to your posts. You've wasted your time.

Here is some advise from me: It would be nice if you would participate in some of the other Forum discussions. It sounds like you may have some worthwhile knowledge to contribute. If you've only come to the Coffee Forum to try to sell your vintage machine, you won't get far here.

Rose

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
harlygold, I believe that there are big differences between expressing your own opinions and just being rude.
and it seems like you are saying what you feel, thinking that "I am not being rude but just being real".
However, after reading all the postings here, I feel that you are saying "I am not being rude, you are just insignificant".

Last edited:

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
And all because Rose expressed uncertainty as to the purpose of the poll he included in his post. And I thought Trump was hypersensitive of perceived criticism...oh my Alex...

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
And all because Rose expressed uncertainty as to the purpose of the poll he included in his post. And I thought Trump was hypersensitive of perceived criticism...oh my Alex...

...oh my Alex...????
currently i am drinking the Sumatra from Encore coffee, so caffeine counts in my brain is kind of low which mean.... I am bit slow today...
what is ...oh my Alex... mean? :+)

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
It is just a casual comment so that my post would be more conversational in tone, and that the conversation was with you. There is no meaning...direct or implied...simply that it be known my post was in conversation with your comments....drink some more coffee my friend...that always helps...lol!

harlygold

Aug 13, 2016
Seattle
Visit site
Good Morning

It is just a casual comment so that my post would be more conversational in tone, and that the conversation was with you. There is no meaning...direct or implied...simply that it be known my post was in conversation with your comments....drink some more coffee my friend...that always helps...lol!

I would like to thank you for you for your polite comment!