La Marzocco Parts Source??

nemoscoffee

Jul 24, 2007
Colorado
Visit site
I have a La Marzocco Linea 3 Group machine in our coffee shop. The serial plate shows it was manufactured in 2000, serial number 18988.

I was an electronics tech in the nuclear field for 12 years, and also worked in quality assurance on toxic gas/chem systems for 9 years in the semi conductor industry, so I am very familiar with maintenance/repair work. I've been lied to several times by the local company that provides service to the restaurant industry, including espresso machine maintenance and repairs. I have been told the same by other coffee shop owners. This leaves me in a position of having to perform my own maintenance and repairs.

And so, I am looking for a source for parts for the La Marzocco. I want to have stock on hand for the typical maintenance items (portafilter gaskets/springs/filter baskets, steam valve parts, common switches, solenoid operated valve, etc).

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
JD

nemoscoffee

Jul 24, 2007
Colorado
Visit site
Wow, thanks for the fast response Andrew...
I took a quick look and was able to download a parts list document, with technical drawings for the Linea.

What a great help!
JD

ElPugDiablo

nemoscoffee said:
Wow, thanks for the fast response Andrew...
I took a quick look and was able to download a parts list document, with technical drawings for the Linea.

What a great help!
JD
Some of the parts require a bit of work yourself. I recently ordered some solenoid valve to banjo tube tubes and flow restrictors for my Linea, I had to tap the thread in order to thread the restrictor in and bend the tube myself. I am not a handy person, so the machine was down for a longer period than I originally planned for.

nemoscoffee

Jul 24, 2007
Colorado
Visit site
Yes, I already noticed that my orange "Linea Espresso Machine Troubleshooting Guide" book shows different part numbers than the parts diagrams for the Linea available at ESI.

I am hoping that I can give them a manufacture date and serial number to dial in the correct replacement parts...
I have an extensive background in electronics and steam/gas/water/chemical systems (operation, maintenance, design, fabrication, and certification) in the nuclear and semiconductor industries. I should be able to get the water/steam from point A to point B, even if it requires a little bit of on site modifications...

I am willing to learn and do the work myself after being lied to by the only company in town that services espresso machines/brewers/grinders, etc. That really gets under my skin...

JD