La Pavoni lever actions

Dorian

Jun 21, 2007
Belgium
Visit site
Hi, I see reasonably- priced La Pavoni Professional lever action espresso machines regularly on e-bay.

Tempting.

I read that the learning curve is steep but you can, if you do everything right, produce some VERY good shots. Does that sound right?

Can people give their appreciation about it please?

Thanks,

8) D

Wildman

Aug 23, 2007
Kentucky
Visit site
>I read that the learning curve is steep but you can, if you do everything right, produce some VERY good shots. Does that sound right?<

I owned a la Pavoni Professional, a 16 cup model, and loved it. Yes, it''s correct that the learning curve is a little steep and it''s correct that it is capable of producing fine, crema-capped shots.

I think the biggest issue when considering a la Pavoni manual machine is honestly assessing your intended use and your personality.

If you intend to bang out back to back shots, twirl around, and graciously serve a party, you''re looking at the wrong tool for the job. The la Pavoni manuals do best at a few hand crafted shots. They need a little cool down time after some production.

As to personality, if you''re the type who wants your brew now...wants no hands on and no hassle, this is not a machine for you. If however, you are the type to patiently craft a quality shot for perhaps yourself and a couple others, this one may be it.

Sometimes those la Pavoni''s look so cool that they snag the wrong owner. Nothing worse than having a machine that doesn''t fit you.