LaCimbali Body parts

HomeBaristaTodd

Feb 14, 2016
Monrovia CA
Visit site
Hi Everybody,
I saw a machine for sale, a LaCimbali M32 Bistro single group. I was looking a he pictures and it looks in pretty good condition. It looks very clean, not dented up, or scratched, and he insides look clean too, not corroded or gummed up. But....It looks like it is missing the two side walls, and the drip pan under the group head, as well as the portafilter. So, my question is, are those parts available? Are they really expensive?

I own an M31 Bistro single group. It was a very used junker that was solid full of scale from had water. The pump and heating element and other things needed replacement. It looks like they may use the same outer covering pieces except the front display pieces that are digital on the M32. I love my M31. It's been solid. I was just considering it as a project or spare or a replacement.

Thanks for pointing me towards some possible parts places (new or used) or advice to steer clear.

Todd

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Side panels unless you find them used on ebay or elsewhere are really expensive from Cimbali. The last panel we ordered was almost $300 and it was just the top trim right piece.

HomeBaristaTodd

Feb 14, 2016
Monrovia CA
Visit site
Thank you

Side panels unless you find them used on ebay or elsewhere are really expensive from Cimbali. The last panel we ordered was almost $300 and it was just the top trim right piece.

That's exactly what I wanted to know. The machine I saw was missing a lot. The bones looked in great shape, straight, clean, not a bunch of corrosion, etc. But it was missing the two large side panels, the drip tray, and the parts that go in the drip tray. And I believe the panel that covers the water reservoir. That could easily add up to a thousand dollars.

The only way it could be a decent deal for me is if all the panels from my M31 Bistro could transfer over to the M32 Bistro. The new one has digital front panels, but those are in tact. If my machine goes down, or needs extended repair, and the panels fit, I could just move them over and take it in. And use the other one. Like a great spare.

Anybody know if they do? Or is this sound reasoning? Or just pass? Thanks again!