Latte- glass or ceramic cup?

MegMalyutin

Jan 21, 2009
Visit site
Ceramic cup definitely. When you make a latte, there should be no need to stir, the foam will form a perfect cap on top of the latte if you use a wide, shallow ceramic cup. This allows the milk to combine well with the espresso and then you can cap it off with a bit of foam. For some reason, lattes in ceramic mugs like a just described actually taste better... creamier. I think science has something to do with it. I found a good page on how to make a latte:
http://www.coffee-illuminated.com/espresso-drink-recipes.html

JohnB

May 30, 2008
Connecticut
Visit site
I pour mine in a large ceramic cup but my guests like them in the tall Bodum double wall glasses. Either way they mix well & I've noticed no difference in taste.

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
I actually got a mocha latte in a nice tall glass at Mocha Joe's Cafe and it was pretty cool like that. It would be my preference. This is an opinion from a consumer standpoint.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
JohnB said:
I pour mine in a large ceramic cup but my guests like them in the tall Bodum double wall glasses. Either way they mix well & I've noticed no difference in taste.

I just went in to a place that was serving coffee in the Bodum double wall glass. I have to say those things are the bomb! I'm seriously contemplating picking up a few for home use and maybe one for work. My coffee stayed hot all the way to bottom. I'm impressed! I want my drink served in a Bodum double wall glass now.