Locations for Drive-thru..?

Brew's Coffee

Oct 14, 2006
Visit site
I was wondering about negotiating with a landlord for a drive-thru coffee shop...
Is it better to hire a real estate agent to help contact landlords and such? or just go about finding them ourselves and presenting them with a proposal?
I'm in an area that is totally new to the tiny little drive-thru only shops so landlords won't know what we're wanting unless we give them a written up business plan type proposal....
How do I go about finding the landlord when I see a site that looks great?
Any help would be great!
Thanks!

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hey BC:

You've answered your own question. Why involve a realtor? They may be less knowledgable about what you are looking for than you are. Besides you may have to pay out a high commission to do so. Line up the locations you like, go to city hall and find out who owns the property and do the search yourself. After that put together a brief package about your business, however, I wouldn't get too detailed. If you did, you might get aced out by the property owner. If you find someone that is agreeable with you in opening such a business, then sit down and negoiate the details. Just a few things to think about 8)