Looking for a great semi-automatic

cyclonesisu

Jul 12, 2009
Ames, IA
Visit site
I am looking for a great semi-automatic espresso machine. I have been wanting to get one for home in order to save money. I have an espresso drink almost every morning and it's somewhat expensive to do that. But I don't think I could go without it. Whatever I get needs to make great shots or I won't use it and therefore it will have been a waste of money.

I've been looking around, and it turns out that my favorite coffee comes from La Cimbali machines. I was pretty happy to find a home model called the Domus Tronic (around $900), which got very good reviews, but when I decided to actually order one, I found out they are no longer making it. The next step up is the M21 Junior and that's more than I wanted to spend.

I'd like to get a well built machine from Italy, but I don't know if there are any good home models. I'd really appreciate some suggestions. Thanks!

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
I visit Ames almost weekly if you want we can sit down together and discuss all of your options. I might even suggest buying a junker on ebay and paying to refurbish it. This way you get a commercial machine on the cheap yet still get a decent machine out of it.