Looking for a roasted chicory supplier

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
roast and ground Belgium chicory...runs $1.85 a lb and comes in 75 lb bags...
888 677 1999
Cafe Lobo
ask for Kathy..think she is out today so if you need it today call John @ 207 338 0084

BeanGrinder

Aug 11, 2004
North Georgia, USA
Visit site
Hey, Topher...have you worked with Australian chicory? It's a secret ingredient in New Orleans. Oohh...I think it might not be a secret any more!

I'm guessing Cafe Lobo sells Belgian as it is slightly cheaper and easier to get than Australian chicory.

-BG

BeanGrinder

Aug 11, 2004
North Georgia, USA
Visit site
Why not just buy it already roasted from Sweet Marias? chicory is hard to roast, so you'll prefer to buy it already roasted. I don't know if Cafe Lobo sells it roasted or not - I'd think not. But call them and ask. Meanwhile, as you are playing around with blending, you might want to start with small quantities. Check Orleans Coffee Exchange or Sweet Marias (better price):

http://www.sweetmarias.com/coffee.other.chicory.html

It has a pretty good shelf life. Mix 1/3rd chicory to 2/3rds French Roast. Do you have a large Louisiana customer base? Because most people won't drink that crap. I grew up on it, then discovered "good" coffee and changed my ways!

-BG

BeanGrinder

Aug 11, 2004
North Georgia, USA
Visit site
Cool - leave it to Cafe Lobo! I only suggested Sweet Marias because they sell in smaller quantities.

I've often wished Cafe Lobo would split bags - I'd greatly expand my inventory if I didn't have to buy 125lbs at a time!

-BG