looking for a roaster

debbiej

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for a larger roaster. I think.
our Ambex YM2 is a great little roaster, and I think I have learned to roast pretty well on it. a larger roaster will probably have more variables that I will have to learn. there are benefits to roasting 4# batches.....variety, freshness. But people are coming in to the shop to buy the beans, and some others have asked about buying for their own little shops. a few customers who have moved away have asked me to send them coffee. all in all, I'm spending a fair amount of time roasting and maybe it is time to get a bigger roaster. but maybe only one or two steps up. anyone have a YM5 or similar size for sale?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I would consider a 10 kilo....I have 4 roasters 120 all the way down to a 2k...the 10 kilo I can roast down to about 6 lbs. I usually run 20 lbs batches on it though. You can always roast smaller batches but you cant roast past the capacity :wink:

debbiej

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I've seen pictures of your monsters! thanks for the advice, money and space are a consideration too. it seems a bit harder to locate used roasters than last time I looked. either that, or I don't know where to look.

debbiej

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
after more looking and research, I have a question. it seems Ambex roasters are quite a value. I can get a new one for what a lot of used roasters are being sold for. any insight on this? I am also realizing my roaster, being older, is lacking some of the controls newer or larger roasters have and I will have a steeper learning curve than I thought. my roaster is just full speed ahead, and I just watch the temperature like a hawk. dump the roast when it get to the right temp. I don't have the option of adjusting the gas pressure or flame 'strength'. so when/if I get a new roaster, it will be another variable to factor in?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
One major difference is that you will actually be able to control your roasts on a larger roaster. I am pretty sure you can not adjust air-flow on an Ambex 2.5 kilo. I could be wrong...I would go with the Ambex. I have had my 60 kilo for about 6 years and have beat the living snot out of it. We have run 21 hour production days 6 days in a row and it worked like a champ! I have replaced bearing, cleaned constantly, kept lubed and have not had any major issues! I would also contact Ambex on their training program...oh well good luck!

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
I Have 2 US Roasters and will be ordering a 3rd late spring.
Dan is a great guy for customer service and his Roasters are very user friendly.
Some of his roasters can be seen on Youtube and www.revelationroaster.com
He also has some used units in from other manufacturers.
Good Luck!
Charlie

rsdean

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a used 2008 SIVETZ 1/4 Bag COFFEE ROASTER for sale @ $18,000 that includes all electronic monitoring, roasting chamber, cooling tray, cyclone for chaff barrel and afterburner. These units are called fluid bed air roasters that roast coffee in a suspended state to create a much more uniform roast. It will easily roast 120 #'s of coffee per hour, and if pushed 150# /hr. This roaster has only been used for 2 months. This roaster is less than 50% of its new cost of $39,000. Call 208-867-3536 or email [email protected] I will email pictures if you would like.

chrismon

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I can make the size you need coffee roasting equipment, as long as you like, you can tell I need to look like there is relevant information can give you to do, regardless of size, can provide support in terms of [email protected] shipping Contact me

Hydrocoff

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
We are tailor made coffee roaster in Thailand, our range is 15-20Kgs. Body is made of all SS, Direct digital controller, Electric radiant or infrared or propane heater with smapling and window for status.
Our machine also has built in cool down blowers after complete the process.

anchaleekoff

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello we looking for coffee roaster machine made in Thailand we would like to know about more information can you give me please thank you.....Anchalee.