LOOKING FOR COFFEE SHOPS INSIDE CHURCHS

BUDDY

Feb 16, 2004
Visit site
SINCE THIS HASNT BEEN DONE MUCH BEFORE I AM LOOKING AT THE DIFFERENT WAYS THAT CHURCHS ARE DESIGNING AND RUNNING THEIR SHOPS. ALWAYS TRYING TO CREATE A BETTER CUP. ANY TIPS ON OTHER CHURCHS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. :lol:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Personally I think it is a bad idea...unless you do not want to make money. I knew this one place that wanted to make money in their Christian book store(which turned into a church on sundays) People acutally avoided the place thinking that they would be preached to...if I wanted to get preached at I would have stayed with my ex-wife. The real funny thing was that they had local bands play on Friday nights....well one of the band members mother saw a Harry Potter book in the bookstore and made him cancel all their dates there! One more thing...they went out of business within the first 2 years.

wulf

Oct 29, 2003
London, UK
Visit site
It depends on the type of church setup you've got. I attend a smallish local church - tea and coffee after the service are provided by a rota of volunteers who provide an insulated flask of instant coffee and another of hot water for tea. It's definitely not the height of flavour but it serves as something hot and relatively palatable to drink while catching up with people.

One of the limitations of doing anything 'better' is the unusual characteristics of the demand. If we had the equipment to make really good coffee, it would be sitting unused most of the week - we have some mid-week activities but most of those take place in people's homes. Then, once a week on a Sunday morning, you'd have a sudden demand for lots of coffee in a very short space of time. At very least we'd need two or three large french presses and someone to look after them rather than the current 'self-service' approach.

The equations might be different in a larger church with more resources, better facilities and greater usage throughout the week but better coffee is not an issue we have considered working on. However, say a church was in a good position to run a regular cafe, I could certainly see that pressed into use to support hospitality around their regular worship services.

Wulf

wahidkarim

Feb 26, 2004
Visit site
setup coffee bar

Hi,
We're the supplier of instant coffee powder, with various type of menu. one sachet per cup, very hi profit(well, you set the price) no machine required, you need hotwater and cups thats all. We supply to school function, party, charity fair etc. I can be contacted at
[email protected]