Looking for dark roast coffee recommendations

zignot5

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I'm new here & I need some coffee recommendations. If there is already a thread about this i wasn't able to find it.

I've been using the same roaster for the past 6 years, but he retired. Unfortunately, there is no local replacement.

The most similar commercial roast I've been able to find is Deathwish. His was better, it had a deeper richer flavor with no char taste & more crema. If it helps, he was using Costa Rican beans & roasting them very dark but no charring.

I also really like kaladi brother's Trieste blend.

Both deathwish & Trieste are overpriced in my opinion. I'd like to find something that is less than 15$/lb

I'm hoping someone can point me in a good direction for some good coffee.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zignot5

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
I'm still on the look out for a great dark roast. So far nothing I've tried is working out.

Any suggestions other than the two above?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
I'm not a dark roast guy but my wife is so occasionally I buy some for her to try. I've been drinking a lot of mocha java style from coffeebeandirect.com but wanted to try some from a different vendor. I found some at gocoffeego.com from Equator Coffees but had to order a couple bags to make the shipping more tolerable so I order the Panther for her. I'm not sure it will be dark enough for you but what I can say is it is dark but doesn't have the harsh taste like other dark coffee I've bought for her. I was really surprised how smooth it is so maybe one of the other ones may appeal to you. I think it's quality coffee, I would at least look over the site, they have several dark roasts listed. And they deliver in three days. I should mention I will be buying more mocha java from them but will order the 2# bag and freeze some, it's the only way I can justify the shipping.

I've been ordering beans online for few years now and you going to have a hard time finding a decent bean for the price point your after when you include shipping. Coffee Bean Direct has a good selection, sells by the pound and $3 shipping but usually takes a week to get to me.

If you find some good coffee at the price your looking for please post back here and let me know where.

Latest posts