Looking for distributer/wholesaler to work with on a project

cf77

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I have financially supported a school/orphanage in Indonesia for a while now. Through my relationship with the couple that runs the school, I found they know and work with a few different coffee growers. They currently sell their coffee at the local markets but I would like to import and sell it here in the USA. The goal is to create a revenue source from the exporting/importing for the school to maintain its expenses and expand.

The kids that are at this school/orphanage were either abandoned by their parents or were recovered after being sold for sex trafficking. It is heart breaking to hear some of the circumstances these kids have been through.

I have done my homework to make sure these people and the coffee are the real deal. We are in the process of getting things setup so they can pass Indonesian customs and export. We currently have a good handle on importing the coffee into the US, but I need someone who is interested in purchasing the green bean for roasting or selling wholesale.

As of right now, they have three coffees available, all in green bean.
Indonesian Arabica coffee - still waiting to confirm 100% the exact location it is grown. I think it is Sulawesi, which is east of Sumatra. It will be harvested in May.
Arabica Kopi Luwak - wild harvested from the Civet in the forests of Bali + processed/cleaned - March/April availability
Robusta Kopi Luwak - wild harvested from the Civet in the forests of Bali + processed/cleaned - Available now

I know the kopi luwak is a niche coffee, but this is some of the the best of the best that is available. From my understanding, the regular arabica coffee could likely go through the organic certification process at some point.

I am looking for a coffee wholesaler or distributer here in the US who can "catch the vision" of what this project is about and help to establish a long term business relationship. I have talked to a few coffee distributors but have not found the right fit yet. If anyone interested in helping with this or has any referrals I can talk to, please reply or PM me. I would be glad to answer any questions or elaborate on any details. Thank you!

CoffeeExpat

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Do they have facilities for packaging?

This would pair perfectly with the company I am in the process of starting. I am looking for a supplier that has a church/school/aid aspect, preferrably in south east Asia, as that is where I work and the people I would like to do more to help.

thuynguyen

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
@cf77: that is a great idea of yours, I appreciate and hope you will succeed. I'm going to do similar things in Vietnam, I'm preparing to do an online coffee shop and main part of the profit will go for charity activities that I'm doing and joining in Vietnam, mainly we help poor children to do heart operation and fatal disease treatment.