Looking To Buy A Coffee Roaster

kenaklein

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am looking to buy a coffee roaster for my home business.

Interested in Ambex, Diedrich, Probat or Joper. Or anything else that is available. I have been searching for 3 weeks now and haven't come across anything.

How does Has Garanti roasters perform? Would they be worth a look?

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
size does matter!!
Dan at US Roaster has a great sample roaster which can be viewed at You Tube. Any size you need he can build. He also might have some trade ins available. Paul Ribich can help you with an Ambex if you want a new one.

kenaklein

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your input.

I found a Has Garanti on craigslist that looks like a decent roaster. Does anybody
have experience with a Garanti? It is about 10 yrs old.

-Ken

Hi Ken,

I'm new to this forum but saw that you mentioned Joper, so it caught my eye. We have recently started up a small roastery in Cornwall, UK, and after a lot of research selected a 15kg Joper (imported from Portugal). So far we have been very happy - the build quality is good (much better than a lot of the Turkish models we looked at in terms of welds etc.), and the roast is very even (helped by the influence of the hot-air I'm sure). The only problem we had was removing it from the pallet that it was delivered on - very difficult!

Cheers,

Paul
Hands-On Coffee Roasters

joseph_coffeeroast

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum!

How's everyone doing? I'm also looking for a roaster in the US. Any recommendations? I've got some info from roaster manufactures but I can't seem to get info or prices on the Probat and Ambex. Do people work there?
Any suggestions on how I can approach these guys and get some info?

Thanks!

-Joseph

A few years ago I found a company that was manufacturing them in Mexico. They are actually pretty well built imho, a buddy in San Miguel de Allende, GTO has been using one for his wholesale roasting company for over 10 years. Its heavy like an old Probat and they wer something like $6-7 G for a half bagger.

PM me if you'd want some more info, I'd have to hunt for it again.

NBRC

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a Ambex 10kilo roaster that I would like to find a home for. It is a sweet machine and is under $10k. Are you still looking?
Kaye NBRC

psribich

Jul 8, 2011
Palm Harbor, FL
Visit site
Joseph,

If you are still looking to get info on a new Ambex roaster, please contact me, I can help you with pricing. You can get my contact info from Roasterdynamics.com

Paul Ribich
Roaster Dynamics, LLC

ACRM

Oct 15, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
After roasting on Has Garanti machines for the past four years, we recently took over the US distribution from DCCC. Very happy to talk about HG and all other Turkish roasters if you're still interested.