Love to have critical feedback

matco

Jun 22, 2007
Walla Walla, WA
Visit site
More changes to the site

Thanks for all the comments. Having video clips is still a topic of discussion for us. But, we are thinking about how to make it work without a lot of expense.

We have added more to the site over the last six months. The most exciting is a new line of 100% Kona coffee. There are also tasting notes for each of the 100% coffees. The music page is now up and people can listen to authentic Hawaiian music from a local artist.

Most of the changes we've made over on the site are in the ordering process. We've added an account feature that we hope will be easy for people to use. People can still place orders without an account, but if they choose, account information can be saved for future orders.

We are definitely learning that keeping the website error free and easy to use takes a lot of work.

Bill Laine

Jan 5, 2008
New Orleans
Visit site
Site represents Place

I had the pleasure of visiting this company's Maui location in January. The visit was very enjoyable.

Davec, I would like to address your critique. You say:

2. It's full of irrelevant stuff I don't care about (i'm not going on a holiday there)
and
5. Hard coffee related content is thin

The visitors experience is centered on the large, well groomed, tropical garden, the large resturant with good food and reasonable prices, and, of course, the large gift shop (with attractively bagged coffee prominent). You see the coffee plants when you go on the tram tour. My impression was that the gardens were larger than the area planted in coffee.

They do have a prominent, small, coffee roasting building. It has a working roaster (machine) and a roaster (person) giving scheduled talks. We were surprised to see that the person was an actual coffee roaster who, responding to questions after the formal presentation, was knowledgeable and passionate about his craft. It was very interesting and worth the stop.

So I think that the website accurately represents the plantation that I visited. The facilities are set up to accommodate multiple tour busses and visitors can have a lovely time even if they don't care about the coffee at all.

I don't feel qualified to give an absolute judgment on the coffee but I would say that if you are seeking out great Kona this place should not be on the top of your list.

The whole model of the physical place is to give visitors a good experience. The website is true to the overall feel of the place. If you are looking for hardcore coffee it might be better to look elsewhere.

Bill
New Orleans