Low acid coffee

Mav52

Jun 27, 2023
Ormond Beach, Fl
Visit site
I find that most of the coffee beans from these areas seems to be low acidic. The wife needs decaf and we use beans from Peru and she has no issues.
  • Sumatra, an island in Indonesia
  • Peru
  • Brazil
  • Guatemala
  • Mexico
  • Nicaragua

Birdman

Nov 22, 2022
Maryland
Visit site
It has been my experience that most Indonesian/pacific rim coffees are low in acid. Examples would be Sumatra, Sulawesi, Java, Flores, Timore-leste, Papua New Guinea. I'd also have to mention coffees from India as well.

Mav52

Jun 27, 2023
Ormond Beach, Fl
Visit site
It will cost you a pretty penny but Hawaiian Kona is the lowest acidic coffee you can find.

We have a few pounds of Hawaiian Queen Kona. And when we make our yearly trip to Maui we bring back some Kauai coffee from a local store that gets each day freshly roasted. Its, the medium-roasted Estate Reserve is really good in both their Decaf and the Estate Reserve Peaberry and really low in acidic. But this stuff from those islands isn't cheap. .

The big bummer, you go there and spend a few weeks and drink nothing but Kona or Kauai and then come back to the states, its a big withdrawal. We found a lot has to do with the fresh spring water there at our place vs the filtered water here in our Fla home.